Sunday evening I spent about two hours sewing V8380. Maxi/day dresses are very trendy. This will be the second I've made this season. Almost any dress pattern can be morphed into a maxi dress.
I really like the neckline of this dress. This version is made out of a linen blend from Vogue Fabrics on Roosevelt. On the pattern, the hemline is just below the knee. I extended the hemline to make my version a maxi.
This pattern has been in my collection for about three years. When I pulled out the contents of the envelope, I was surprised I had already cut the pattern at size 12. Obviously I was planning to make this a few years old and a few pounds lighter. So I had to scale it up to a size 14. Other adjustments were: FBA, swayback, and I made my first version into a maxi dress.
Side gathering for FBA - I added about 1 1/2 inches to the front bodice (FBA). Shown here is gathering at the side before joining the front and back. I've seen this in the "design" on a BWOF top.
The pattern included pieces for front and back facings at the armhole. I decided to line the bodice.
The necklace seen is over 20 years old. I'm glad I keep it.
Full Front View
Full Back View