Thursday, May 26, 2011

Simplicity 2583 In The Navy




I hope everyone is well. Since the fashion show, I haven't been able to get back into the routine of posting and reading. But yesterday I was able to read about some of your projects. It made me to want to add to my ever-growing list of things to make.

Since April I've made several garments. I don't want to forget the important details about my experience so I really need to get them all written.

Today's review features one of the most recent dresses I made, Simplicity 2583. I've had this pattern in my collection for a while. Many have made and reviewed it on PR already. Last week I decided to use some of the fabric that I purchased at Buddy's in February.

So here goes my review:


Pattern Description: Misses'/miss petite dress or tunic with front and neckline variations. I made the beige dress view - minus the trim on the sleeves.


Pattern Sizing: 4 - 22; used 14 with modifications.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Pretty much.



Were the instructions easy to follow? piece of cake. Nothing confusing.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I think what initially drew me to this pattern was the keyhole neck variation of the tunic. There is nothing to dislike.

Fabric Used: I used a woolen from Buddy's shop on South Wabash. The trim I purchased at Vogue some time last month.




Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I made my usual adjustments to fit my body. FBA, prominent shoulder blade, sway back, and a few more inches to the length. (My version is still a few inches shorter than the dress worn by the model.) One design change: omission of the trim on the sleeves. I thought about lining this one but decided to go ahead with the facing instead.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Hmmm.., I don't know if I will. I have so many patterns. These days I'm noticing that I keep making the same style (straight skirt). So, this summer and coming winter I'm going to change that up a little bit.

Conclusion: This is a nice pattern to sew. A beginner should be able to sew it with no problems.

Parting shots: I'm almost done with Vogue 1205. Let me tell you, this is a great small dress. I decided to make it in red with the white and black contrasting strap.


19 comments:

  1. Lovely dress! Very neatly done! Great work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both dresses are really lovely! Glad things have settled down a bit so you can get some much desired sewing done:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very pretty dress. It will go anywhere you want to look crisp and polished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the navy and white fabric, especially with that beautiful trim, which is so perfectly chosen! The overall effect is very crisp and sleek - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the blue dress. The fabric is lovely and the colour suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sleek tailored style of this dress and you have sewn it beautifully. I can't wait to see the red dress on you too. Cool idea with the pop of zebra print on the shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must undoubtedly be the real dress queen. Those dresses are beautiful. Thanks for joining the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a really good fit through the bust and bodice. Your dress looks great! Can't wait to see the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great dress. Navy is a nice neutral and is great option for summer instead of the standard black.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great dress. I have both patterns in my stash and hope to get to both before years end. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The navy dress is just lovely . . . I really like your choice of trim. As for the red dress, that is one smokin' hot dress!!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dress! You look pretty and elegant (<= my goal which is why I read your blog for inspiration and ideas). Looking forward to seeing the red dress on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely dresses! I really like the accents on the red one. Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty dress, love the trim. Can't wait to see the finished red dress. Sorry I missed you last weekend all the graduation activities kept me busy, will definitely touch base with you on my next trip to Chi-town.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute dresses, love the embelishment on the Navy one. The orange is gorgeous!! Wish I could see that on!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great dresses~ I love what you did with the red dress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The trim on that is so fun! I am feeling the sailor vibe this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love,love love this dress. (the navy striped one) and can't wait to see the red Vogue one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin