Wednesday, September 5, 2012

This and That

Yes, another this and that post.  It's been too long since I last posted.  There is so much going on this month and last.  So here is the short of it:

  • School started August 20th; I taking two classes.  I've already written four papers and two presentations.  Next, week is the first mid-term for my online management course (six chapters).
  • Finally came up with a theme and segments for the HCC Fashion Show 2013.  Thank you Sue H., Sandy Y., and Delores P.  I'm still pulling together a committee to help with the various aspects of the show.  I started stressing about it; Rhonda Buss helped me overcome that anxious feeling with a single question,  Shhh.., I won't tell.
  • The first HCC Fashion Show Challenge is the color Blue, any shade of blue will do. 
  • Work is a beast!!  Let me say it again, WORK IS A BEAST!!! I'm tired in the morning and tired in the evening.
  • Unity Conference starts next week.  No off-white dress on my to make list.  There are at least three in my closet to choose from.
  • I want to sew but am too tired to.  Good thing is, last week I cut two jackets, two pants, two dresses, and one blouse.  Before selected my fabrics, I pulled out my trusty little color palette to see if the colors were best for me.  Yep.  Right on target.  Monday evening, I serged several pieces to make it easy when I do have the energy to sew a little.
  • A new button company found my blog and sent me some free buttons.  Gorgeous!  They also offer a 20 percent discount for me and my readers.  More on that later. 
Hopefully, this week I will be able to sew something.

Happy Sewing!
C

4 comments:

  1. I got that button email too and relegated it to spam. I am glad it worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you had the time to post all of this activity! You're one busy person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cennetta!
    Sounds like a good plan to cut out several things and serge so they are ready when you have the energy :)
    I made the PP classic jacket pattern and now am making several pants from the butterick jean pattern. Now I am wishing I would have done the color analysis like you did. Maybe next year.
    Your classmate from Fit,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for commenting. Michelle, Are you still blogging?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin