Saturday, May 16, 2015

Boldly Waiting for Spring in Red and White Cotton Print




Oh My, I would love for spring to come and stay in Chi-town for at least a week.  But I guess Chicago weather is what it normally is.  We have two seasons:  summer and winter.  The week before Mother's Day we had temperatures in the 80's.  But on Mother's Day is was cold and damp.


I was ready to show off my big hat and new dress when all hopes were dashed by the cumulative clouds and the strong trade winds of my fair city. But I braved the chill to take a few photos on Monday and Thursday. 

This cotton twill has a touch of lycra for easy wearing.  It's great for jackets and skirts too.

This was the second time that I used this pattern.  I made view A several years ago.  It's been so long ago, I had to up the size a bit.  For this version (view B),  I hand picked the zipper (no beads this time). 

I really like this pattern and will probably use it again for the fulls skirt version.  It does have options and it is very easy to make.


So I'll have to wait for a bright sunny day to wear my new bold  print frock.  Summer will be here soon.  Wink, wink.

Happy Sewing!

Cennetta




26 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress I hope spring gets there in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress and hat!
    Hope you get to experience some spring stat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kyle. I think the next season for us is summer; hot and humid.

      Delete
  3. Really pretty fabric & dress. It fits you so well .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and your hat and shoes are splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I love that dress, and that fabric is so great. Perfect summer dress and I hope summer arrives soon. you look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. Warmer days are ahead. Summer is less than a month away.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful, unlike our Chicago weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, this is what you need to bring to Houston when you visit. Hat and dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very spring - even if the weather doesn't agree. We have crazy weather in Michigan too: hot, stupid-cold, and miscellaneous in between. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a classic fun spring summer dress! Love the hat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely, cheerful dress! And you're killin' it in that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dress and I love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dress! All of my visits to Chicago, only twice, were in the months of January and March. You can imagine there was no warm weather either of those times. I am sure that it is nice there when warm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes Cennetta, Summer will be here soon enough for you to wear that gorgeous dress! (along with your hat too!) The fabric print and color look really good on you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin