Mmm Mmm Good Cream Cheese Pound Cake!
There are a few versions of this delicious cake online. Originally, I got the recipe from Adrienne of Real Life: Live & Unscripted. Since then I tweaked it a bit. So here is my version of Cream Cheese Pound Cake.
1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
3 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon almond extract
3 cups of Swam Down cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Bring eggs, butter, and cream cheese to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 345 degree F. Grease one 10 inch bundt cake pan, sprinkle with flour, then sprinkle ground cinnamon into the pan.
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light.
- Stir in the vanilla and the almond extracts.
- Add the flour (baking powder) and eggs alternately, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 345 degree F for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (place a pan of water beneath the cake to keep it moist and prevent burning - from my grandmother.)
- Add icing if you like or eat it plain. Either way it's delicious.