Friday, June 17, 2016

Love My Cream Cheese Pound Cake


 Mmm Mmm Good Cream Cheese Pound Cake!

There are a few versions of this delicious cake online.  Originally, I got the recipe from Adrienne of Real Life:  Live & Unscripted.  Since then I tweaked it a bit.  So here is my version of Cream Cheese Pound Cake.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
3 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon almond extract
6 eggs
3 cups of Swam Down cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

  • Bring eggs, butter, and cream cheese to room temperature.
  • Preheat oven to 345 degree F.  Grease one 10 inch bundt cake pan, sprinkle with flour, then sprinkle ground  cinnamon into the pan.
  •  Cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light.
  • Stir in the vanilla and the almond extracts.

  • Add the flour (baking powder) and eggs alternately, beginning and ending with the flour.

  • Pour batter into the prepared pan.

  • Bake at 345 degree F for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  (place a pan of water beneath the cake to keep it moist and prevent burning - from my grandmother.)

  • Add icing if you like or eat it plain.  Either way it's delicious.

Happy Baking!
C

9 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! So now I have to run to the store for cream cheese, because I just have to try this out. (Any excuse to bake!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I need a piece of that cake ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipe archived. Thanks a bunch Cennetta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What time are we eating it, Cennetta? Put the coffee on and I'll be right there!

    *hugs* from Guam,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this. I made one from a similar recipe I found online but I thought it was a little dry and had too much baking powder. Your grandmother's tip is really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this recipe and your grandmother's tip. I too have bookmarked this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look so good!xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good cream cheese pound cake but using cake flour is a no-no for me. Cake flour contains corn starch and the texture of the pound cake is weird. We just finished our last two slices last night with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream on top. Also, if you don't have cream cheese on hand you can substitute 8 ounces sour cream or heavy cream.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin