For the most part I don't like to purchase patterns that only provide a drawing of the garment. I like to see it actually made and shown on a person. But I thought this one was cute, and I wanted to give it a try.
What I like about it are the flounce hemline and the princess seam. For the peri-crafters' first January challenge, I chose this top to make. My first step was to make the pattern fit adjustments starting with a full bust adjustment (FBA). Typically with knits I don't make the full adjustment as the knit does have some stretch. This pattern calls for moderate stretch fabric. My fabric has about 40 percent stretch. When I make a FBA on a princess garment, I always have excess fabric below the bust through the hemline. So with this top I knew I will need to eliminate the excess fabric along the sides of the top. The amount depends on the stretch of the fabric, which I determine after sewing the front and back together at the shoulders.
I did not make any back or shoulder adjustments. One thing I'd like to point out is the length of the shoulder seam is too long. I believe this is something that is common in the big four pattern companies. For me the shoulder seam is about 1/2" too long. So I just trim that off. Finally, I lengthen the sleeve about an inch.
The construction was simple and typical. There is nothing confusing on the guide sheet. I attached the neckband before sewing the side seams. Also, I used a twin needle to finished the hem on the sleeve and the flounce.
This was a very easy sewing project. The top goes together quickly. I can see a few more of these in my closet.
No pictures of me wearing the top. I hope to take some soon.