Sunday, December 3, 2017

Little Black Dress in Rag & Bone Black Polyester Crepe - Vogue 9239 View F




OMG!  It's been such a long time since I last blogged.  I've been struggling with projects and time to write it all down to share it with you.  Finally, today I was able to get a few pictures, some not the best quality, but good enough to show you my latest dress.



Months ago, I came up with the notion of making some solid color dresses.  As I look through my wardrobe, I decided that I didn't have any "new" solid black dresses.  So I search the Mood online fabric store and found this beautiful Rag and Bone black polyester blended crepe.  The crepey texture has a dry hand, but not overly crepe like some you found in local stores.  This one is smoother, drapes beautifully, and sews like a dream.   It's a perfect fabrication for flounces, full skirts and floaty palazzo pants.

The contrasting fabric came from a local store.  I didn't have enough to make the flounce.  So I thought it would be great to use a contrasting fabric and add a few accent about the neckline and waistline.  I think it worked out just fine.


I paired it with Vogue 9239, View F.  This is the second time I've used this pattern.  My first review is here.  For this dress, I made a few more tweaks to make the neckline smaller (I could have bought it in a little more, though.  I lengthen the sleeve by 1 inch and the skirt by 2 inches. The pattern only suggests that the bodice is to be lined.  I lined the entire dress.  


I like the fullness of the skirt and the way it moves as I walk.  The fabric feels great against my body.  There are a few areas that I noticed were as "close" to perfect as I would like.  But overall, it turned out pretty good.

If you planning to wear something black and floaty during the holiday season, this is a great fabric to make it with.  I thinking of getting another yardage to make a nice pair of palazzo pants.

Stay tune, more projects to come!  (I have some catching up to do. ;-) )


Parting Shot:  I always take one or two silly pictures just for fun.  Here I pretending to push the tanker.  ;-)



Happy Sewing!

Cennetta





15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love how you tied in the flounce fabric with the appliques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irene. It was actually an after thought.

      Delete
  2. One can never go wrong with an LBD... Gorgeous dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. I have one more to make this season.

      Delete
  3. Gosh! What a beautiful dress on a lovely lady!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is gorgeous, and I love those sleeves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress! (and I love those shoes too)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin