Tuesday, April 17, 2018

McCall 7686 Top Hacked Into A Sequin Dress



Hi There!

I'm happy to finally post this cute little sequined dress that I made for my sister.  This is my one yard wonder.  Yes, that's right.  I made it with only one yard of Mood's Black Stretch Rayon Jersey with Waving Sequined Stripes.  What a mouth full.  I grabbed this sparkly wave about two years ago from the online store. Sewing it cause no problems.  The sequins are small and the Rayon jersey fabric provides a good support base.  The sequins can be easily flatten to create a smooth affect along the seams.


Too bad it's no longer in stock.   But no worries, though.  Mood has more sequined fabrics that are equally beautiful.

When I purchased McCall 7686 I decided to hack it and turned it into a slinky dress. A shiny, slinky one.  This dress was easy to make.  The hacking was no more than extending the length of the top into a dress.  I used only the front and back of view C.

McCall's description:  A, B, C: Close fitting one shoulder tops have sleeve variations. A, B: Collar. D, E, F: Close fitting off the shoulder tops elasticized neckline and sleeve variations. E, F: Collar. All views have narrow hems.  I used size 14.


I really didn't used the instructions. My construction process was to simply sew the shoulder and side seams of the dress.  I added a tricot lining to finished the inside.  I added elastic to the entire necklace to help the dress maintain a close fit.  For the armhole, the lining was attached then stabilized with twill tape.   Really simple construction and hacking.


My sister will model this dress in the upcoming Haute Couture Club of Chicago Fashion show.  I very please with how this one yard wonder turned out.

So that all for now!

Happy Sewing!
C


15 comments:

  1. It looks great! I can't believe that's just one yard, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natasha. It was. I used the entire length for the little dress. ;-)

      Delete
  2. the dress is amazing looking on your sister! The fact it's only one yard of fabric is mind blowing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot. Hot. Hot! She is gorgeous and so is the dress. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K. When I told her about my vision, she said, "Sure. Make it. I want it Beyounce tight." I told her, "It's not that type of fashion show." Tee Hee.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is the BEST one yard wonder I have ever seen! Your sister looks amazing, and the garment is well sewn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nessa. She is so happy to have the dress. It's too short for my taste. Tee Hee.

      Delete
  5. You look great, you have a great sense of style :-) best regards
    blogosferamody@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sister has a stunning figure and looks amazing in the dress you made her. Great job, Cenetta. It fits beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bunny. I'm happy with how it turned out. My sister, works in the medical industry and she also is a singer. This dress will be perfect for some of her singing jigs.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! I can't believe that's only a yard of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. Believe it I used the entire length of the yard. It's short for my taste. But perfect for my sister.

      Delete
  8. Your sister is so beautiful and the dress looks amazing on her. I can't believe you got it done with just one yard!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin