Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!

We are already well into the new year.  For weeks I've been pondering what's next!  Should I write a end of the year review?  TOO LATE.  Is it too late to post the last few project reviews of 2018?  NO. What is a good number of potentially achievable resolutions? A REALISTIC NUMBER.  What will I strive for in the new year? IMPROVED SKILLS AND PRODUCTIVITY.  How can I make it great? WORKING HARD AT ACHIEVING MY GOALS.

Unfortunately, the holiday season is over.  I don't miss all the shopping, but I love the happy spirit of comes from people. Everyone seems to smile and laugh more.  The sounds of Christmas is every where.  There are lots of parties and gatherings. It's a joyous time to celebrate the birth of Christ, reflect on the past year, and make plans for a great new year.  There is so much happiness in the air.  I love it!  Christmas time is my favorite time of year.

Last year it was super busy for me.  I was blessed to do my usual travelling and socializing.  My home was water proofed in the summer.  After that, my basement needed to be put back in order, at least the laundry room.  The sewing studio is still not quite where I'd like it to be.  But, I've begun some serious purging and re-organizing.  After the water proofing the flooring and the baseboards were reinstalled.  Then I had both rooms repainted.  In November, I had a procedure to correct some of my sinus issues.  To be exact, the surgeon corrected my deviated spectrum and performed a sinuplasty.  So I was recuperated for about three weeks and was still on the mend during the holiday season.  Despite the periods of NO SEWING, I did sew quite a lot.

Overall, I was happy with about 85% of the things I made in 2018.  There were six projects that I did not review or blog about.  Only three UFO's, all are summer vacation projects.  And there were about eight projects that I only did the pattern adjustments for.

This year, so far, I've made six garments.  I plan to continue to focus on separates the first half of the year.  Also on my list of goals are:

  • coats and jackets with welts pockets and buttonholes. I want to get better at finishing details of coats and jackets like to lining with piping,attaching the lining to the coat, and making beautiful pocket and buttonholes details.
  • tops and shirts with plackets on the sleeve and front.  Here again, adding more details to tops and shirts.
and,


  • maximizing the use of patterns that I already own.  I am going to do more with TNT's patterns instead of buying more new ones.  The goal is to mix, match, and hack TNT's to come up with an entirely new look.
So, this is my little sag way into the new year.  I'm happy to be able to make plans and to share my sewing adventures with all of my followers.  I sincerely appreciate your visits and comments.  It's been great.  

So off  to a great beginning  and God bless!

Cennetta
 

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Sounds like you have wonderful plans for 2019! It is good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a solid plan for the year to me! And 85% is an amazing number!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kesha. I really try to set some realistic goals/dreams. 85% is a reachable percentage for me. I'm happy. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Cennetta looking forward to seeing your fabulous makes all year long!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin