Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Presto Popover Top - Naughty Bobbin Pattern




This was my first time using Naughty Bobbin patterns.  And I decided to try the Presto Popover top.  

Pattern Description from the website: The Presto! Popover Top is designed specifically for knits for the wash and wearability your daily life needs.  Knits with 5% or more stretch, especially ITY knits and rayon/elastane come in all colors and patterns, so make more than one and get on with your life.  Good bye washday blues!  With it’s clever double-front V-neck collar construction and the always comfy 3/4 sleeve the Presto! sews up quickly on the serger, but can be made on a zig-zag machine, too.  Can be made in heavier knits for winter, lighter knits for summer. Excellent choice for sheerer knits.

For its ease, comfort and a fast sewing project, you’re gonna love the Presto!



Pattern Sizing: It comes in sizes small to 4 x-large.  I used large with a few tweaks.





This is the first version made.  I call this my wearable muslin.  For the other three tops, I added a few inches to the bottom.  I could use a little more move in the bust area.  So when I make it again, I do a little FBA (no dart) to have a better fit.


My tops look exactly like the drawing and the photos.  The instructions were very good and easy to follow. 



I really like the construction of the front of the top. The double layers of fabric and hide "body details" that aren't as flattering.  The seam down the center front also has a slimming affect.  Another detail that I like is the neckline.  You can choose to lower it and bring it up a bit.  Your choice.




All of the fabrics that I used were from FabricMart Fabrics.  The red and blue are a crepe knit that has a beautiful drape. The purple/pink print  and the black are jersey knits.  All fabrics have about the same amount of stretch.

My alterations were minor.  And like I said, I need a little more room in the bust area. When I make it again, I think I make it into a dress.  Rhonda gave me that idea when I saw her dress version on Instagram and on her blog.

This is a neat pattern that is flattering on most figures.  Try it. It easy and doesn't take a lot of time.

Happy Sewing!
C  



5 comments:

  1. I bought this pattern. Really like it. You're right - it has very flattering lines. I always enjoy your blog. You have similar taste to the things I like to make. We're also a similar shape so your alterations are the same as mine! Never thought about making a dress. Brilliant idea! If one of those mod retro prints were used it were have a very "Emilio Pucci" vibe - must stay on the lookout for some. Fabric Mart is great, maybe too great, addictive really! Can't resist their lovely stuff at great prices. All the best and happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KWIK SEW and Janet Pray both have variations of this type of pattern. I have the KWIK SEW in the "imaginary wardrobe" (AKA pattern collection) so I may give it a try even though I'm not one for knits. The red top is lovely, especially with the pants and the head wrap.
    Theresa in Tucson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the bright pink top on you! The other tops look very wardrobe friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He visto el vestido de Rhonda y queda muy bien, así que anímate a hacerlo porque el patrón te sienta muy bien. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was really admiring this top when I saw it on you on FB. The blue is gorgeous. they all are. The way you manipulated the swirls in the print is wonderful as well. Lovely wardrobe of tops, Cenetta. You'll get a lot of wear from these basics, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin