Saturday, November 27, 2021

DD Is Holiday Party Ready - Simplicity S9370










Holiday Ready!

My DD's first holiday dress of the season.  I used MiMi G's Simplicity 9370.  And it turned out perfect.  She looks fabulous in her new dress.

I've been waiting to post my review for a few weeks.  Sometimes it's a little challenging to coordinate our schedules to do the photo shoot.  This weekend was perfect following our family Thanksgiving fest.  BTW I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving holiday.

My review:




Description and Sizing

Simplicity - Knit dress with cut out midriff detail is slim or A-line shaped in two lengths with self-ties, sleeve and length variations.  Available in sizes 6 to 24.  I used size 12, view A.   I was able to cut it out without making any fit adjustments.  How great is that.  

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

The dress looks exactly like the drawing and photos.  I made a little change with the tie construction, but it didn't change the style of the dress.




Were the instructions easy to follow?

The instructions were super easy to follow.  There weren't anything confusing in them or difficult construction techniques.  The dress went together with no problems. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

There is so much to like about it.  
  • The style in general is cute/sexy.  It's on trend with a lot of the styles that you may see at department stores like Zara's.  
  • The belted, elasticized midriff is one of the elements that I like a lot.  
  • The zipper side front.
  • The length of the slim skirt.
My DD loves it for the same reasons.  

Nothing to dislike.




Fabric Used:

My fabric is "Flaming Red Viscose Jersey Knit" from FabricMart Fabrics.  I checked the online store to see if it was still in stock.  No luck.  I only purchased it two months ago.  On the color:  It looks more like a tomato red to me. Anyway, it's a great color for my DD.  The stretch is about 40 percent and it has great recovery.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

The only thing I changed was the tie.  Instead of a single piece of fabric with the edges finished, I chose to double it, sew two pieces together and turn to the right side.  So, there is a little more bulk in the tie.  But that's all right.  It just adds a little more support around the waist.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

This dress is really unique.  I would only sew it again if DD asked me to.  And yes, I do recommend it to others.  It sews up really fast and it's easy to make.  The most difficult part is to install the zipper.  

Conclusion: 

I love how this dress turned out and my DD does too.  I'm also happy to have the dress done for an upcoming holiday party early in December.  This is a very stylish dress that is certainly worth trying.

Happy Sewing!
C

6 comments:

  1. Your DD looks amazing.. what a great dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your sewing is impeccable! DD looks amazing! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful daughter in her beautiful dress! This is amazing, Cenetta. This pattern caught my eye since I first saw it and I have been waiting to see it made up and worn. Your daughter wears it beautifully. It is the perfect balance of ladylike and a bit sexy, just enough. MimiG hit it out of the park with this design, IMO. Great work, once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bunny. Like you, it caught my eye at first sight. I was happy to sew this up for my DD. It was a little too much exposure for me. Lol

      Delete
  4. I agree with Bunny. A great dress which is really beautiful on your daughter. A great make!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin