Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Simple Wrap Knit Dress - M3648




I love a simple wrap knit dress.  Don't you?  With the re-release of the iconic Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress, almost everyone in the sewing community snatched up a copy and made their lovely version of the 1970's dress.  And of course, you know I had to have a copy as well.  I just haven't made it up yet. Lol.  So, I added it to my already BIG collection of dress patterns.



Anyway, what I did make was a McCall's dress pattern released in 2002.  It's a simple everyday dress that sews up in about three hours.  I made this one before, before I started blogging.  So it's been over 15 years ago.  

It was perfect for a quick no-fuss sewing project.  

Pattern Description:  Misses' dresses:  A-line wrap dress has tie variations and long or cap sleeves; dresses A and B have dropped shoulders; dresses A and D have a collar.  I made view D with a few minor adjustments.






Pattern Sizing:  When I used it last, I was a size 12.  So, I graded it up to fit.  

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Oh yes,  it did.

Were the instructions easy to follow?  The instructions were typical, but nothing confusing or difficult in them.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I like that it is a simple wrap dress, in my opinion, that fits me well.  No real dislike.

Fabric Used:  My fabric was purchased at Hobby Lobby.  It is a textured knit that I got on sale in the Spring.  I really make a practice of pre-washing my fabric almost as soon as I get it home.  So, the yardage went into the washer the same day I purchased it along with several other knits.  No problem sewing it.




Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: You'll find this surprising.  I didn't make a FBA!.  Same as before.  I did make a slight broad shoulder adjustment.  And I added a few inches to the length.  That's it!  This was a super easy sew.  No other changes.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I think I will.  When, I don't know.  And yes, I do recommend it to others if you have it.  It has great bones and it so easy to sew.


Conclusion: I love how this dress turned out, again. Lol  A quick and easy wrap knit dress.  On trend with something old. Lol

 

Happy Sewing!

C

 


1 comment:

  1. You had me at Red!😄 absolutely beautiful! I had a pattern similar years back & luved that it didn't flap open but never seemed to find another similar , definitely will have to check out your pattern💖

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin