I'm so looking forward to a new year of sewing and creating beautiful things. 2009 was a trying year, and I'm thankful that I had an outlet. I'm grateful to God for blessing with a creative hand, and try to share the gift with my family and friends. My client projects is growing: I already have: two clergy robes, a prom dress, two coats, and a alterations to do.
This year I decided to do an over haul of my sewing goals targeting specific things to accomplish.
1. New machine - I absolutely have to buy another sewing machine. My singer Quantum DSX died on me shortly after Christmas. It is over fifteen years old. It has paid for itself over and over again. So I'm shopping for a new one. I have Commercial Grade Singer Sewing machine that I am not fund of at all. It's my back up. So I will definitely buy a new sewing machine within the next few weeks.
2. Purchase Reference Books - There at least one I'm going to buy: Roberta Carr's Couture Sewing Book recommended by NancyK.
3. Adding some tailoring techniques - Make at least one garment with bound buttonholes, another some decorative top stitching (I love the midnight blue dress Carolyn recently made.), and try at least one of the techniques in Roberta Carr's Couture book.
4. Sew something from all those BWOF magazines on the shelf. I have a couple hundred dollars invested in them. I need to use them.
5. Make that cute little black Beyonce number on the side bar.
Have a wonderful creative weekend!