Friday, March 25, 2011
Stylish Blogger Award
Two fabulous ladies gave me an award. Thank you Faye and Myra. Both ladies make awesome, inspiring garments. In the tradition of accepting an award, I'm supposed to tell something about myself (7 things) and share the award with other "Stylish" bloggers (15).
I think my blog says a lot about me, especially the things I love to do and make.
1. I'm a follower of Christ. My faith is very important to me. God is...
2. Family and friends... What can I say? I love my people and respect our differences. That's what makes us interesting.
3. Sewing is my number one hobby. I love it. Sewing is in my roots. I started sewing at 10. During the past years, I've seen a tremendous improvement in my skill and technique.
4. Travelling is fun. I like visiting different lands and experiencing their cultures.
5. I live a full life. I stay busy, sometimes too busy. I'm a hard worker and passionate about the things that I do. In the words of my dad, "I'd rather wear out than rust out."
6. I love science. The earth, the land, the trees, the people and the animals are interesting. I love learning about the composition of things, how they work, etc. Yep, I'm a little nerdy.
7. Cooking... I love preparing and sharing food. It is the catalyst for so many of our social events. It's so fun to share good food with friends and family.
Those are my seven things. Now to share this award with the beautiful ones. Not sure if the award has been shared with all my favorite bloggers. It's okay to give it to people who have already received it. So here goes:
Ms. Rhonda Buss, Rhonda's Creative Life
A Sewn Wardrobe
Ms. Gwen, All My Seams
Ms. Allison, Allison.C Sewing Gallery
Ms. Kimberlee Brown, Kopy Kat-Kim
Ms. Linda, Danville Girl
Ms. Amanda S., Amanda's Adventures In Sewing
Ms. Carolyn Norman, Diary of a Sewing Fanatic
Ms. Diana, Diana Sew Passionista by Diana
Ms. Erica B., Erica B.'s - DIY Style!
Ms. Ann Steeves, Gorgeous Things Blog
Ms. Nancy K., Nancy K. Sews
Ms Summerset, Pins and Needles
Ms. Audrey, Sew Tawdry
Ms. Sheila Powell, Sheilaz-CTK
and of course, my DD:
Ms. Lauren, Mahogany Blossoms
That's was so hard. Because there are many, many more "Stylish Bloggers" that I love to read and provide a great source of inspiration for me.