First, thanks everyone for your comments on my recent sewing projects. As always, I appreciate your kind words.
This weekend I sewed and did a preliminary fitting of my Dress Sew Along project. I know I'm already seven days past the deadline, but that's all right. The dress looks good. And I wanted to share my progress.
As I was fitting the bodice, I kept forgetting that I made larger seam allowances to help with the fitting. The lower armholes crumble in my armpits. I will trim off the excess before I add the sleeve caps.
No zipper yet. I thought I had one. Yesterday I picked up a sage invisible zipper. May be I'll put it in tonight.
Here's a full front view of the underlining. It gives the dress a little more body. The silk is a lighter weight dupioni. Holding it to the light, I can see through it. So the underlining and lining will make the dress opaque.
Parting Shot: My friend, Patti Ferguson, gave me this beautiful 4-ply silk charmeuse. The Haute Couture Club has a "Sew Red" challenge this fall. I'll use it for that challenge. Thanks again Patti.
By next week I should have the zipper and the sleeves in. May be I'll have the lining sewn together as well. Until then, Happy Sewing!