Saturday, June 4, 2011

V1205 - Lady in Red



Pattern Description: Misses' Dress, Close fitting, tapered, above mid-knee, lined dresses. A, B have front gathers, shaped seams, back darts, back invisible zipper and back vent. A: gathered, contrast upper left front.

Pattern Sizing: 8-22. I made size 14 with modifications.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes it did.

Were the instructions easy to follow? No problems and nothing confusing about them.




What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Everything. The style and fit. I even liked that this pattern had a back facing that attached to the lining. No to dislike. This is a great dress.


Fabric Used: Moderate knit from Joann's (red), Contrast animal print from Hancock. BTW- It's swim suit fabric. Imagine that. It's perfect for the contrast.




Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I did my usual FBA, prominent shoulder blades and lengthen it a few inches. For the contrast, I made the lining from the same fabric instead of the tricot lining. I liked it better.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Not for myself. My sister wants one. I do recommend it to others. It's a super cute dress that sews together with no problem.


Conclusion:
I love, love this dress. It easy dress to sew with great results.

24 comments:

  1. I love you fabric choice, the dress looks great on you and you look very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow! Wow! You look amazing in this dress. The contrast shoulder is such a cool detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely dress and the animal print against the red adds a wow factor. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is beautiful! I like the color red on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic fabric choice. You look mahvolous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely STUNNING!!! I love the animal print with the red. It really pops and the dress look fabulous on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love it. I would never have thought to use a contrasting fabric and your choices were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. This is a winner. You look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoodness!!!! You look sooo HOT! I love how you "funkied" - I mean that in a good way - up the strap a bit. Red, black and white...I LOVE IT! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look sensational! It's a great pattern and a beautiful red for you. The zebra print on the shoulder is a nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning!!! This is a super-hot dress and you wear it perfectly. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute dress! Love the red and tiger print together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW,WOW, WOW! You look sensational, this color is so good for you! This is such a great dress. I'm partial to red dresses, of course, but this one is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, gorgeous, goregousssss!! What a great dress on you! I love the color style, and fit on you! Great work on this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two words: STUN NING!! Ha-ha!! You look awesome in red.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, ladies. This is one of my two favorites made this year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dang that is SUCH a great dress! It's a fabulous fit and style for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like you I am DRAWN to Kay Unger styles. Gorgeous work.
    Mary Fioretti
    Algonquin, IL
    www.missmarys.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin