Big Thanks to Lori and L for the Lovely Blogger award. These two "Lovely" creative bloggers gave me an award!
The rules of the award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Add The One Lovely Blog Award/The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award on to 10 nominees
- Include this set of rules
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs
Seven Things About Me: honestly, I think my blog tells quite a bit about me. But I tell seven things anyway.
- This year I turned 50 and am very happy to be above ground.
- I'm the 2012-13 Fashion Show Chairperson for the Haute Couture Club of Chicago. I didn't think I was qualified because I'm inexperienced in this area. We will see how it goes. Wink, wink.
- Two years ago, I was diagnosed with scoliosis. I always wondered why I had prominent shoulder blades and a swayed back.
- I'm kind of nerdy. I love science. As a kid, I was also one of the first people to volunteer for the science fair.
- I'm a daddy's girl. My dad passed in 2006 and I miss him. He was my confidant and devoted adviser.
- I'm a foodie. I love trying different cuisine and watching the food network.
- I'm seriously thinking about retiring in the next five years. Hopefully, I can do more teaching and sewing.
- You can count on me to cry during sad or happy scenes in movies.
Now the hard part, nominating ten creative souls.
- 1 - The super generous and acutely talented Rhonda Buss. The is one phonenmenal creative woman. Rhonda's "online design school" is priceless. It has inspired me to experiment with patter drafting. Every week she features a free pattern and showcases fellow creative souls. Rhonda is a gem.
- 2 - Allison C. I absolutely love the things this woman makes. Very polished and pristine.
- 3 - You can count on Faye Lewis to inspire the sewing ladies to join a sew along. It sparks creativity and encourages others to try something new.
- 4 & 5 - Andrea and Sheila. These two ladies are my friends. We can talk for hours on the phone about, you know, sewing. To top that they are expert knitters. Boy do I wish they lived in my town.
- 6 - Bunny is another sewing expert who give free online lessons. She meticulously shares how to details in sewing.
- 7 - I've appreciated Ann's teachings for over ten years. I like became acquainted with her on PatternReview.com where she shared excellent details of her sewing projects.
- 8 - I think everyone knows of Carolyn. This woman given new life to the concept of the TNT pattern. The sista can work a pattern!
- 9 - Irene is another favorite. Her designs are clean and polished.
- 10 - I hate to stop at ten because there are so many great sewing designers out there. For the sake of this nomination process. I'd like to end with Pam who makes the most beautiful tailored shirts. I wish.