Monday, September 22, 2014

Meshed in Anna Sui Lace - Teach Me Fashion Two Tone Singlet


At first sight, I ordered Anna Sui's Black Multicolored Stripe Lace. The lace has texture and has a soft embroidered feel to it and the mesh is smooth and silky. I love working with it.  The lace and mesh were combined to reduce transparency (first version for DD) and the ponte knit was used for the lower portion and the neck and armhole bands.


A few months ago Harrison from Teach Me Fashion asked me to test their Two Tone Singlet.  Last week I was able to finally complete a top that was post worthy.  The top pictured here is my third attempt.  I made it for myself, making a few adjustments.  But I couldn't address my requirements for a FBA without altering the block design.  Plus it wasn't flattering on me.  So I worked towards making the top for my daughter. 


The sizing is a little different from the big four patterns.   I would say it runs small.   I usually make her a size small.  In this pattern it was too tight across the bust.  The second top is a size medium.  That was perfect for her.

 





The top does look like the photo.  But the version on the model appears to be a larger size than she normally wears.  She appears to be about the same size as my daughter.  The top looks like a large or x-large.

The instructions were great.  They are included with the pattern download.  Additionally,  Teach Me Fashion includes a video on how to make it on their site.  I didn't have any problems following the instruction of the top.






This is a cute trendy top that can be made in a variety of fabrics.  I liked that it sew up very quickly and you have the option to color block it. 








Instead of making neck and armhole facings, I made bands using a black ponte knit.  My DD was very pleased with the results and wouldn't mind a second top. The Anna Sui lace is a great fabric to play up the color blocking aspect of this little trendy top.

Happy Sewing!

Cennetta

15 comments:

  1. I really like the lace insets in this top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail. The lace does create a very nice contrast.

      Delete
  2. Cute outfit! Love the fabric!

    MRB

    ReplyDelete
  3. The model really does look like she's wearing a larger size. I love how you used the lace. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the top! The lace is really cute. I love the colors. Your daughter looks gorgeous in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bunny. Thanks as always for following and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty top. .. totally loving multi colored lace. Looks fabulous on your DD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I like both fit versions of the top. Your version is really nicer with the lace inset and the finished neckline. I would make the looser version longer to wear with leggings. I can also see the fitting problems posed for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is adorable on your gorgeous DD! Thank you for the close-ups of the lace. That is such a neat way to change up your pattern. No one will believe her mother made that; they'll think she got it on Fifth Avenue.

    Hugs and happy sewing,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous top on your beautiful daughter. I like how the lace fabric is the perfect touch and makes the top right on trend. Now, Mom, go get busy on that second top! LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin