Thursday, August 3, 2017

Sunny Blue Sky Striped Cotton Chambray - Simplicity 1371 and Simplicity 8389




July is the peak of summer. I love that the days are long and the sun shines so bright.  What I hate is the humidity and the extreme temperatures, and everyone has the AC set to "North Pole".  So it can be a struggle trying to figure out what to wear.

But if you plan to be outdoors, light and airy clothing is the way to go! I purchased this lovely Blue Sky Striped Cotton Chambray a few months with the thought of making a shirt.  When I pulled it from the packaging, I quickly changed my mind and decided to make some baggy wide leg pants.  Perfect vacation pants for a stroll on the beach or a day of shopping on some tropical island.


Chambray is a classic and is typically used to make shirts, shirt dresses, and tunics.  This particular fabrication is lightweight but durable if that makes sense.  And because the pants are very roomy, there is little to no stress on the seams.  I love the way it feels and moves when I'm wearing them.


The pattern (S8389) I used is relatively new.  Style like pj pants with a faux drawstring in the front.  Nothing fancy at all.  These sewed up very quickly.  If you can sew a straight seam and make an elastic casing, you can make these.  I actually, bought the pattern for second view on the pattern envelope.

After cutting out the pants, I had enough leftover to make a little top (S1371) to wear with them.  This is the second time I've made it.  My first top was also made with Mood African print fabric several months ago.  The details on making the adjustments and sewing it are on my blog.



That's it!  This was a very easy sewing project.  My new outfit is perfect for the summer heat and a great look for a stroll along the beach.

Happy Summer and Happy Sewing!
C


4 comments:

  1. This is the PERFECT summer outfit and you look stunning in it! Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both pieces! Perfect for hot summer days. The ensemble looks so cool and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful, C! I love wide legged pants. Your top goes so well with them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin