Friday, December 14, 2018

Separates - Mood's Black Brown Twill, French Terry Cloth, and Brown Hacci Sweater Knit



 



That title is a mouth full!


The post is all about mixing and matching different fabric textures and coordinates. Three separate pieces seemed like a good number to talk about today. I selected Mood's Black brown Poly Twill Blend for a simple pair of Vogue 1570 pants (without the drape), Mood's Red Polyester-Rayon Stretch French Terry Cloth for New Look 6735 Cardigan, and Mood's Brown Hacci Sweater Knit for McCall 6996 Cardigan.





These textiles are great for building mini wardrobe capsules or to add some great staples to your wardrobe. The twill is smooth; it sews and wears beautifully. I've already worn the pants three times since I made them. I'm embarrassed to admit that the red cardigan was sitting in a bag for over a year with two other cardigans. Finally, I sewed them all last month. The french terry is no longer available.




I so happy to report that the Brown Hacci Sweater knit is. The Hacci knit comes in four lovely colors.






Each pieces took about two hours to make after cutting. Both the Vogue 1570 Pant and the McCall 6996 Cardigan I've made/reviewed before. So there no need to review the construction process again.



The New Look 6735 cardigan I made twice before but didn't review it. It's fairly simple to make using five basic pattern pieces. So here's to wardrobe staples.  (Note:  All tops shown were made by me as well.  My new Mood fabric coordinates are perfect for mixing and matching pieces I already have.)




Happy Sewing!
C

5 comments:

  1. EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL Cennetta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All pieces look wonderful! I really like the orange cardigan on you, and agree that this is such a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the kind of separates I live in. Comfortable without looking sloppy or messy. Easy but put together. You look amazing in these colors.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin