Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Christine Jonson Travel Trio Three 226 - Shirred Top


I'm still playing catch up with some pattern reviews and recent projects.  Real life, September and October were quite eventful to say the least.  So, I have a bit of a back log of things to blog about.  It almost always feel like I'm "catching up".


Today I'm review Christine Jonson's Travel Trio Three 226 - shirred tee.  Way back in 2012, I thought this was super cute but was concerned that shirred above the bust and how it may look on me.  My suspicions were right.  Not a good look on me.   So I decided to gift my sister.  It's a good look on her.

The tee is not a wader, just not good on me.  So that being said, here is my pattern review.

This tee is part of a mini wardrobe travel wardrobe pattern.  You can get the complete description here.  For the shirred tee, I simply copied the description from the CJ website.



Shirred Turtleneck/Raglan Tee: This top has long raglan sleeves and shirred yoke. It is designed to be close-fitting so that the bodice gathers will stretch tight vertically. The pattern also includes an alternative front pattern piece for a smooth and simple raglan top.  Multi-sized 4-22. I used size 16 only lengthening the sleeves.


My version does look like the drawing as far as style lines.  The striped fabric was a remnant from a dress that I made last year.  It was just enough for the back and sleeves.  The black and striped knit fabrics came from FabricMart Fabrics.


The shirring adds a few minutes more to the amount of time it takes to complete a basic tee.  The instructions were easy, nothing confusing about them.

I really like the shirred yoke.  That's what drew me to the pattern.   The fit of the turtleneck is spot on.  It's snug but not too snug, no drooping, just right.  I'm going to try the other tee view to see if it's a better look for me.  Hopefully, I won't need to gift another to my "happy to receive it" sister. ;-)



I do recommend this pattern to others sewists of all levels.  It's an easy one.  Both tee are perfect for wardrobe building.  The complement of this wardrobe pattern is cute too.  At some point, I will try those views as well.

That's all for now.  Have a great day!

Happy Sewing,
C


3 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful top, just not for the large of bust. Your sister will be very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the fabrics compliment one another ... FIESTA ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin