Friday, March 27, 2020

Updates


At the Mona Lisa in Los Cabos, Mexico


I didn't want another day to go by without posting something on my blog. We are in desperate times.  The world is suffering from the corona virus pandemic.  Cases of the disease are rapidly rising across the USA now.  Many states are on lock down, Illinois included.  This is a time that we NEED to be UNIFIED, compassionate, patient, supportive, and hopeful.  More importantly, we need to remain prayerful.

When I returned home from vacation on the 14th, I was not feeling my best.  I just thought I was tired.  But after a few days, I developed a low grade fever, congestion, a dry cough and sore throat.  Common symptoms to the corona virus.  So I was quarantined for 14 days with a promises of being checked up on by my doctor and a date to be tested for the corona virus.  Well, this is day ten of my quarantine.  My symptoms have definitely lessen.  On Monday, my doctor prescribed a Z-pack antibiotic to further help with my recovery.   Unable to leave home, I have depended on my daughter, who is a healthcare worker to do any shopping that is needed for my household.  It has been a challenge to secure basic necessities.  People are still hoarding goods and making it impossible for others to get what they need.  This is incredible.

I digress..,

In the mist of it all, I've been able to do a few things for myself and around the house.  Like taking care of my own personal hygiene and disinfecting areas where I had been.   Most of the time, I could get my own meals, not much cooking though.  I've spent most of the time in bed watching TV, texting, talking on the phone, on Instagram, on Facebook, reading, and thinking about sewing something.

It wasn't until Monday of this week that I was able to sew a little.  I made a dress and two tops.  Being in my studio a few hours per day, gave my an opportunity to survey some of the UFO's I managed to accumulate.  As I forge through my bags of projects, I thought about the Instagram Sewing Community making masks for their families and healthcare groups.  I want to do something useful too.  So today I decided to pull out some cotton fabric to try my hand at making a few.


Also, my thoughts have been on blogging and the lack there of these days.  I'm more incline to post on Instagram.  It's quick and easy.  At the same time recognizing that it is not the best platform to share all the details.  More and more, people are using Instagram and videos instead of blogs.  Ideally, I hope to find a balance.  Because I don't want my blog to die. 

There are several March projects I need to publish.  To name a few:  my black herringbone coat;  the orange and white Butterick dress, B6680; and the cream, black, and sand face Butterick 6674 dress. I hope you will continue to read my blog and share any comments that you like.  It's great to share and to journal my journey. 

In this time of crisis, stay well and busy.  We all must make the best of it and do what we can to help others.  No matter how large or small the deed, everything counts.  Be blessed and be well.

I decided to include a few pictures from my vacation.  It was a happy time for all that went to Los Cabos.

Happy Sewing!
Cennetta


8 comments:

  1. Thank God you're recovering and it wasn't any worse for you! I, too, am going to make some masks this afternoon for a couple of friends who have "public contact" jobs and need them, even though, they say they don't really keep you safe. I figure, something is better than nothing.
    Yes! Please keep blogging and sharing your makes, techniques and any other sewing tidbits as you see fit! I'm looking forward to seeing your makes, get well soon and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, SewZolaMarie. Stay Save and God bless.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for continuing to blog. I don't IG, and I enjoy your blog posts so much. Stay well and have fun getting back to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really enjoy your blog and hope that you continue. I hardly sew at all but appreciate your creativity, style and skill. I pray that you continue to recover, uneventfully. I had to chuckle at your definition of sewing a little (I needed a laugh today): a dress and two tops! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really love your blog and hope you'll sew and write a lot over the next couple of months as we all try to connect digitally - and sew more. I'm glad you're feeling beeter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you speak of prayer.
    I had a flu of some kind just a few days after New Year’s Day, and it knocked my daughter and I flat. It was incredible. I went from feeling fine at about nine in the evening, to feeling as though a few more hours of this really could kill me. At about two in the morning, I stopped drinking because everything was going straight through.... and I couldn’t rest as a result. My Mom emailed me about a healthy 23 year old woman who had something that sounded really similar, fine on Friday, dead on Monday morning. I never did find out what we had... but my daughter and I were both walking ragdolls the next day. The day after, just fine.
    Glad to hear you have someone handling your shopping for you, and that you are on the mend.
    Earlier today, someone told me online services are very popular right now... another matter for prayer, that people are led to solid teachings/ teachers and not false teachings/misleading pastors. Never a shortage of things to pray about.
    Your trip pics are beautiful, glad you got to do it.
    Mary in Thailand

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to see you are well! That sounds like a frightening experience, but thanks be to God that you recovered, and had a lovely vacation. I look forward to seeing your finished works, and enjoy reading your blog also.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin