Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Keeping Busy




This has been the longest three weeks ever!  I'm still recovering from whatever this is I've had for the past three weeks.  Being on lock down has given me a great opportunity to work on the "LIST" of many projects that I think about constantly while at my part-time job. 

Ask me how many things on that "LIST" have I completed.  The answer is not many, just a few.  My time is spent working on getting back to my 100%, reading/listening (Audible), working on my tasks "LIST", adding more things to the "LIST", and making masks.


Making masks started out being a donation project to those in my family who are first-responders and healthcare professionals.  That didn't last long.  Once I started sharing them, others asked if I would make masks for them.  I'm always happy to help, but it is overwhelming.  So many are in need/want.  Because of the huge demand, I started loosing site of my original goal.  After, making nearly 200 masks, I have no more elastic nor is there any to be purchase.  So my masks making project is finished. And I'm back to using my time to make other things and to continue to complete tasks on the "LIST". 

This is the first time I've ever experienced anything like this.  I'm praying every day that this soon will past.  And we will all get back to our normal routines. In the meantime, I hope everyone is keeping busy doing something that you love to do or tackling projects that are on your to do list. 

In closing, it's been a pleasure to support many who are on the front line. We are blessed to have them.

My DD with co-workers



4 comments:

  1. Great job Bennett's! Which pattern are you using? Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two I drafted and one my daughter found the pattern for me.

      Delete
  2. 1. It is always worth the time to muslin. And to baste. I have often regretted not muslining (or basting); I have never regretted taking the time to do those tasks.

    2. 200 masks! I salute you. I bow to you.

    Have run up about two dozen so far -- 10 for our food pantry volunteers, and the rest for co-workers and family members. Will work on some child-sized ones for my friends with small children home from school for the foreseeable future.

    Where I live, healthcare facilities don't want cloth masks. But, if those of us who are not medical personnel wear cloth masks, we free up the supply of medical-grade masks for medical use.

    I am quite lazy, so when I printed out the pattern I am using, I printed out multiples to give to family members whom I know can sew. They can use their own scrips and scraps to make some masks I don't have to be the only person in this neighborhood to make masks. Besides, my nurse friends are begging for headbands with buttons, so they can hook their elastics over the buttons instead of over their poor sore, tender ears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your masks look great and thank you to your family for their service in these difficult and challenging times. You stepped up, Cenetta, and did more than you needed. Now enjoy your reward of happy sewing. Take care and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin