Monday, April 20, 2020

Spring Time In the Midst of the Covid-19



Spring has arrived with the sun so bright you can hardly keep from squinting.  It looks beautiful outside and perfect for a afternoon stroll in the park.  The air is still crisp though and no walking without a warm jacket.  This is one of my pleasures in this stay at home situation.

My favorite park is Veterans park in South Holland.  It's nearby and has a picnic area, playground, and a lovely pond.  There are also two gazebos, a huge picnic area, fields for soccer and baseball, and portions of the calumet river are on the east side of the park.  It's a great place to clear your head and get some exercise.


Often I come to this park to take pictures for my blog.  There are several beautiful flower beds.  And if you are lucky you may see the residential turtles sun bathing.  This is just an all around nice park.



My last week there was only one other person in the park other than me.  But yesterday, we (DD came with me) saw maybe ten people.  Most were with a friend or family member walking the trails or fishing in the river.  Social distancing was not hard to do.  When passing on the trail, people made sure they "distance themselves" from others.  It felt great to be outside.



I think I'll visit the park daily, just to get some fresh air and to take my mind off of the crisis.

Anyway, I just thought I'd post a few pictures of the park today.  Later, I post pictures of my recent makes and review a few patterns.

Stay Safe,
C


1 comment:

  1. Walking works for me, too, Cenetta. It really clears the head. It has been very cold here still and so windy that it cuts. I find I often have to dress in full winter gear to get my walk in. It is the best respite for our lockdown however. Thanks for the lovely tour of the park.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin