Thursday, January 21, 2021

More PJ sets with Molly T-Shirt and Simplicity S1280 Leggings



Here is the second style of pajama set that I made for Christmas gifts. Pictured above is the set that I made for myself.  I made an identical set for my sister.  The fabric is from JoAnn's.  It is polyester/rayon blend I think?  It's soft enough for baby clothes. I used the same top as before, the Molly T-shirt; and for the pants I used Simplicity S1280 leggings.  There isn't a lot to discuss as far as a pattern review.  The leggings basically sewed up the same as any elasticized waist pants.  

I made both sets in one evening.  Most of the seams were serged and I didn't really use the instructions.  The leggings didn't looked like leggings to me.  More like narrow legged pants.  After making these pj's, I used the pattern again to make actual leggings.  To get them to "look" like leggings I had to reduce the leg width from mid thigh all the way to the hem.  Anyway, that's another review to share.






I'm really trying to make good use of the remnants.  So, I made a few head bands to go with the sets.  For the one pictured, I simply cut the fabric long enough to tie and knot and to fit comfortably around my head.  Then I sewed the ends together lengthwise and tied a knot in the center.  To finish the band, I sewed the remaining ends together to form a circle.  





To finish the waist of the pants.  I serged the raw edge; then turned and pressed the hem (casing for the elastic).  Next, I abutted the elastic to form a circle dividing it into four section using straight pins.  The elastic abutment was placed the center back between the pants and the seam allowance (casing). The other three sections were pinned at the center front and side seams.  I set the machine stitch to a small zigzag.  Then I sewed the elastic to the pants stretching it to fit as I sewed.  To finish it, I stitched a little bow made of satin ribbon to the center front of the pants.



So, this completes may reviews of the Christmas pajama sets that I made.  Next, I'll share the review on the hoodies that I made for my daughter's handmade gifts.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Cennetta







1 comment:

  1. Me parece un pijama muy bonito y la cinta para el pelo, el complemento ideal. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin