Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Robe and Pajama Set - The Perfect Family Christmas Gift


Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without handmade pj's.  Every year I make pajama pants for members of my family.  This year was no different.  The first set of five flannel pj's were made, boxed and wrapped before I realized I didn't take any pictures.   Oh well, I made them using the same pattern used last year.  The difference was the fabric prints.  Like always, they were well received by all.  It's becoming an annual tradition to make them for my closest love ones.  A very easy gift to make and they are loved by all.

This year I decided to do something a little different.  Instead of the lone pj pants, I made three sets: one that included a robe, top and pants and the other two a top, pants and head wrap.  For each set I used a combination of various patterns.  

The first, is the Pattern Union Molly T-shirt, Simplicity S2476 robe, and Simplicity S2290 pants.  The combination of the three is the perfect gift.






This is the first time I've posted a review of the  Molly Tee.  I had made it once before, but didn't blog and share any photos of my t-shirt.  It is a basic t-shirt pattern with the shoulder seam 1.5 inches forward so it's visible from the front.  The pattern comes in multiple cup sizes and with three different sleeve lengths. I made the short sleeve version with the appropriate cup size for my sister.  It comes in sizes 6 to 26.

Simplicity M2290 The pants super easy.  One piece pant pattern with an elasticized waist that sews up in a flash.  I made this one dozens of times. The pattern comes in sizes XS to XL.

McCall M2476 This is an oldie, but it is still in print.  I purchased my copy in 2003.  The robe is a typical bath robe with patch pocket, front band and belt.  It comes in sizes small to xx-large.

All three coordinates look like the photo/drawing on the pattern.  The instructions were typical and easy to follow.  Nothing confusing.




My likes:
  • Molly T-shirt. I love the multiple cup sizes and the wide range of sizes available. The shoulder seam and the sleeve lengths are great too.  
  • Pants. What's not to like about them.  They are the perfect quick and easy pj pants. You can make dozens of them in a variety of lengths and colors.
  • Robe.  I like that it is a basic robe that can be made up in a variety of fabrics.  And that it is easy to make.  
All three coordinates were made in one evening.  This set was actually made Christmas Eve.  These patterns are great for beginners.

No dislikes.



All fabrics were purchased from Fabric Mart Fabrics.  I actually purchased them for myself about three years ago.  I decided to make it a gift instead of buying more fabric.

The robe is Mint Polyester/Lycra Jacquard Double Knit 60" wide.  It is springy and has a pebble texture.  The pajamas is Green/Sky Blue/White Cotton/Lycra Palm Leave Clusters Print Jersey with a smooth hand.  Both fabrics were great to work with.

I made no changes to the robe.  I literally made it straight out of the envelope.  For the Molly t-shirt, I made a swayback adjustment with a center back seam. For the pants I just added length to them and made a cuff at the bottom.

To date I've made the Molly T-shirt four times.  It's a winner and a TNT for sure. ;-)  The pants already a TNT.  And the robe I'd make it again too.    All three coordinates are highly recommended for all level sewists.  

I'm glad I decided a make a complete pajama and robe set.  My sister was very happy too.  She couldn't wait to wear them and to make a request for more pj sets for like right now.  Lol  This set is a winner all the way around.  A quick and easy sew for me and an extremely happy recipient. 

Parting Shot:  This is Bella.  My sister's new pup and the newest member of the Burwell chan.  Bella was about 2.5 months at the time of this picture.






11 comments:

  1. Love this three piece set. I've made up the McCalls and Simplicity patterns numerous times as well. I've never tried the Molly T, but will give it a go now. And I love Bella. She's adorable! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie. You should give the Molly t-shirt a try.

      Delete
  2. Oh I would love comfy pjs as a gift, I'll bet they love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonito conjunto,la tela del pijama es bien bonita. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift!! I love the tie inside the robe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin