Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Navy Stripe Leisure Set - Vogue V1835








Surprise, Surprise!

I'm back. Lol  

It's good to be back.  I missed blogging and sharing my sewing projects. There are so many things going on.  And lately I seriously wanted to spend my limited free time sewing.  

So today, I'm reviewing one of my outfits made in early May.  This little leisure set was easy to make and didn't take much time to do so.  I do want to point out that I could have given myself a tad more move across the bust area.  In the photos I notices a little pulling across the bust.  Anyway, here is my review.

Pattern Description: Misses' close-fitting tops can be worn on or off the shoulder; close fitting cropped pants have elastic, drawstring waist.  Slippers are lined.  

Pattern Sizing: This pattern comes in size A(XS, S, M, L, XL, and XXL)  I used between medium and large.  I should have just used the large for the top.  It would have been better for me across the bust since I didn't want to fuss with making a FBA.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, it did.

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were very easy to follow, and there weren't any confusing or complicated steps.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked the style of the outfit.  It speaks comfort and chic at the same time.  It just depends on how you style it.  I became interested in trying this pattern after seeing other sewists' version on Instagram.  

No real dislikes.

Fabric Used:  My knit fabric came from FabricMart Fabrics.  I bought it several months ago.  At the time, I didn't know what I'd make with it.  Vogue V1835 was a great choice.  This medium weight knit fabric has an interesting diagonal stripe navy on navy. There is about 35 percent stretch crosswise.  I think the same lengthwise.  

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I made a few changes/adjustments. 
 

  • I cut between a medium and large for both top and pants.
  • The neckline was a little snug when I wore it off my shoulder.  So I made the opening slightly larger so the right side wouldn't bunch up at the base of my neck.
  • For the pants I installed two eyelets instead of making buttonholes for the drawstring.
  • As usual, I lengthen the pants.
  • Adding elastic to one side of the top to create ruching and drape.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  Yes, I actually would like a few more sets of this outfit.  I will tweak the bust area a bit though.

Conclusion:  I think this wearable muslin version turned out pretty good.  This is a design that I think would look good on most people.  Plus it is easy to sew.

Parting shots:  This is my nephew, Roy.  He graduated in May.  Roy also received a full football scholarship to Northern Illinois University.  We are very proud of him.  Believe it or not, he is the baby of the family, standing at 6'7".





Happy Sewing Friends!
C

4 comments:

  1. This set is SO chic. You look amazing. Congrats to your nephew!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claire. I'll get a lot of wear out of this set. Nephew is off to college for football practice. Happiness.

      Delete
  2. Linda (ACraftyScrivener)June 24, 2022 at 7:11 AM

    What a chic comfy outfit! And well done nephew, he looks so happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin