Saturday, October 7, 2023

Pattern Favorite - New Look NL6824




Birthday Dress!

I'm delighted to share another addition of my birthday dress project.  I've used New Look 6824 FIVE times.  And this is the second time I used it for a birthday dress.  The first one was a ivory crepe satin with a lace overlay.  That was in 2008.  I was a smaller person then. Lol



Here is a link to all my posts on New Look 6824.

Patterns can be easily altered, which is fantastic.  For this fifth installation, I just graded it up as I cut.  This was a super quick make.  I needed a pink-ish dress for our church Annual Women's Conference.  This was the first time our main "color" wasn't white.  I went digging through boxes and bins looking for this fuchsia wool that I purchased at Fishman's Fabrics years ago. Lucky for me I had already paired it with a China silk lining.  Both were neatly stored in a plastic bag.  No moth wholes, just perfect.

I didn't really have anything in mind when I purchased it.  So now, it is a Jackie O-ish dress that is so me.  It sewed up fast.  No problems at all.

Parting Photo:  Pink was the color this year.  All because of the new Barbie movie.  I wasn't my goal to make three pinkish outfits this summer.  There is a collage of my three pink outfits that I completed this year.

 




9 comments:

  1. You look lovely as always. So glad you keep posting your makes. Love seeing what you sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable in hot pink!! TY for sharing your makes. Caroline in NY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love seeing your sewing accomplishments. You inspired me to make a birthday dress for myself this year. I also have a September birthday. :) I am so happy with my new dress! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I so happy to be an inspiration to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted to thank you for paying a visit to my blog and leaving me a comment. It ment so much to me! ❤️

      Delete
  5. Lovely dress! Happy to see you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please keep publishing your makes…love everything you make you are beautiful

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin