Sunday, July 8, 2007

Busy! Busy!

I've been a very productive sewist these past few days and have enjoyed it to the max. Oh, well, except for one bad spell on Friday. More about that later. Last week I scheduled Thursday and Friday as vacation days so that I could get some of my UFO's completed. Thursday morning I completed three knit tops for myself. One I cut out last summer. Can you believe it! The other two more recently, early June. I had planned to take them with me on a business trip to Seattle in June. Obviously none of them made the cut. Any who..., here are the three tops that I made.
The green and red tops were made using S4076.

This top was made using NL6101.
This Spring I was comissioned to sew for two weddings in September 2007. I went shopping with the husband and wife to be of the larger wedding party on Thursday afternoon. Six gowns (V2732 & V8360) and four vests (S7030) is the order for this party, all made from a champagne satin. Here are the patterns that will be used.

The second wedding party is much smaller. I'm only making three dresses, each from a different pattern. The chosen fabric for these dresses is a pale pink taffeta. The top and skirt of this pattern (S4885) will be morphed into a strapless dress. The other two dresses from M5100 & S5238. All finished garments will be posted on this site after the work is complete.

My Friday sew day did not go as well. I spent eight hours sewing a dress that should have only taken four hours. I had to remake the top of the dress to accommodate my broad shoulders and full bust, which I thought I accomplished in the first cut. I also added six inches to the width of the front and back of the skirt for fullness. In the end, I wasn't very pleased with the results. BTW-the dress hasn't been hemmed yet. Here are the pictures.


Post a Comment


Blog Widget by LinkWithin