Monday, September 10, 2007

Mile Argento Bridal Party



This is the first dress completed for the Mile Argento Bridal Party..., I have two more to go! Each bride's maid selected a different dress, but all dresses are made from the same fabric.

Here is Van's first choice. After the muslin fitting, she decided that this was not the style for her. The second muslin fitting was perfect! So I proceeded with making the actual garment.


Pattern Description: Dress is below mid-knee with lined bodice and midriff, gathered front, flared skirt, back zipper and shoulder strap variations; dress A is completely lined; dress B has purchased trim; dress D has self tie; dress E has ribbon trim; dress F has contrast shoulder straps and back.

Pattern Sizing: 4-18. I made a 10.

Did it look like the photo drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Sure did minus the bow; view D.

The instructions were easy to follow. I like this dress. This was the second time that I sewed it. Last summer I made the first version for myself.

Fabric Used: Crepeback satin, sparkle organza, and polyester lining all purchased from the Textile Discount Outlet.

The bridal party decided to add the sparkle organza to create a unique style component for each dress. It was added to the skirt and the midriff of this dress. It was added to other parts of the remaining two dresses.

I'm not sure I will sew it again for myself, but some else may want their own version of this dress.

This is a cute simple dress that can be dressed up or down depending on your fabric choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin