Monday, March 23, 2009

Buying Stuff Is A Sweet Substitute

I may not be able to sew as much as I would like, but I'm shopping up a storm! Here are some of my sweet treasures.

From Pam's SewExciting.Blogspot.com








Gorgeous Fabrics is having a sale on coating. I grabbed this beautiful black basket weave boucle and this royal purple flannel coating.





Of course I had to take advantage of the sale at Vogue Fabrics. Thanks, Cindy for the 411 on the sale. I didn't get any dupioni silk, but I picked up some nice pieces.

Floral Shantung from the remnant room.

Brown and Blue striped shirting at $1.99 per yard.

Gray linen blend from the remnant room.

Beautiful knits at $4.99 per yard.



What would craft shopping be without a few patterns. I received my Burda World of Fashion in the mail yesterday. I truly need to sew more from Burda. The magazines and patterns are stacking up. lol Saturday I only bought two Vogue patterns at the JoAnn's pattern sale.



Well that's all for now.

Happy Sewing!

C


11 comments:

  1. What a great haul! You'll be able to start sewing soon - I'm sure of it. One thing to note about that Vogue pattern on the left. It is LOW CUT with a capital LOW. You might want to do a modesty panel or adjust the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for shopping! I have those tools--they are super! Nice fabric and pattern finds. Maybe that will satisfy you until you can sew again. If not--more shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul, lovely fabric, and you know I love notions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't shopping fun? You scored some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You got some great stuff! Do you go to Evanston or Roosevelt Rd. Vogue? I frequent the Evanston location...too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies I love, love to SHOP.

    Ann- Thanks for the tip. Looking at the pattern again I can see that it's way too low for me.

    Cindy - Most of the time I shop at the Roosevelt Rd store. Easy access, five minutes away from work. The first time I shopped at the Evanston store was last March.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no I think I might have missed the sell for the pro weft interfacing :-(..I just remembered after seeing your post. I have been wanting that collar tool also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurry, I can't wait to see all the finished creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Pattern...Can't wait to see what the finished creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what riches. They make my mouth water.I'm so overwhelmed with the fabric in my stash that I just can't justify buying any more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whew! Get busy girl!!!
    Great load of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin