Finally able to post the first fitting for my niece's dinner dance outfit. I'm using two McCall patterns 5382 and 5669. Weekend before last she came over for the first fitting. Lucky me there aren't a lot of changes needed. It's good to be young, flat, and smooth. Sigh, sigh.
Tip: When I'm muslin fitting a client or relative, I write on the muslin to help me remember the changes needed.
First, I noticed that the front of the skirt pattern has half the gathering width of the back pattern. My sister said she liked the affect. So I won't add more gathers to the front.
Front view of dress. I need to raise the neckline about 1/2 inch. It's too low in the front. Everything else looks good.
Pulling will be eliminated with the added width and the boning. At the upper and lower back a small sway alteration is needed.
Side view of dress. I cut the muslin between size 6 and 8. I need to add about 1/2 inch to each side. Niecey said that it was a little tight around the stomach area.
Niecey will need something to keep her warm. Chicago can be cool in the evening. So I chose M5669-C for a stylish chill buster. The muslin fits a little tight acoss the shoulder area. So I'll add 1/4 inch to the shoulder area.
That it. Saturday afternoon I cut the dress and jacket. Sometime this week I'll finish the seams and then begin the process of putting the outfit together. This is one of four dresses that I'm working on.
Sunday, Another niece came to fit your muslin for V2891. She was not pleased. So back to the store for another pattern. I suggested five other options. We will see what she chooses.