Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The New Rainbow Fabric Store on Roosevelt Road








Here is another Chicagoland store review. I think you will really like this shop. It is located directly across the street from Vogue's Fabric (#2).



New Rainbow Fabric Store
620 West Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL 60607
312-356-9979
www.newrainbowfabric.com
sales@newrainbowfabric.com


After shopping at Vogue Fabrics, I decided to check out New Rainbow's new location. They were previously located about three doors east of the new location. The store is larger and has more fabric.













The prices are competitive and the beautiful fabric is well organized. The staff is all smiles and very ready to assist you. There isn't anything to dislike about the shop. It's clean and well lit. They also stock assorted notions: buttons, trims, rhinestones.




I didn't buy anything during my visit, but I will come back soon. I saw a few fabrics I'd like to purchase. DD saw a few things she'd like to have as well.

If you are planning to come to Chicago for the May, 2011 PR Weekend, this is a good shop visit. On Roosevelt there are several stores within walking distance: Vogue's, Fishman's, and I. Sach's. I'll continue to scout the area for other shops.

BTW- I told the owner about the upcoming PR weekend and that I would like to post a review on my blog about the store, she kindly gave me a hand full of coupons to share.




So sewing queens, that's all for now.

Stay Tuned!

15 comments:

  1. Cennetta, I have always wanted to go into Rainbows! Thanks for sharing. Will you be joinin in on the PR weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great store with some very nice fabrics and prices seem reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cennetta, thanks for the review. Gotta love those prices on the silk dupioni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I go to Chicago, I visit friends. I have yet to visit a fabric store. With these posts, you're making me seriously think that there are better things to do in Chicago than visiting people - visiting fabrics! (LOL) I will have to get someone to take me to some of these places the next time I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok i really want to make that petal skit in the picture. and how do you do the 3d pleats? i love those too. wishing this store was in my area :-)

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  6. We noticed a few weeks ago when driving past that they had moved. So it's larger and has more fabric! Well my daughter and I will have to check it out next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so miss fabric shopping in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No pressure, but ……………

    For PR Weekend in Philly, we negotiated discounts for the PR shoppers. Some stores offered the discounts, some didn't. Is that being attempted for Chicago?

    In any event, I'm looking forward to coming for PR Weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, so I'm moving there. Do they have RV hook-ups?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelley- You're funny.
    Elaray - I'm not sure whose organizing fabric store visit. Because I live here I decided to post a few reviews to give people some shopping options.

    Thanks,
    Cennetta

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK - this post should be in green because I am enVious!!! I so wish I were going to the next PR Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the prices; they are a little less than Vogue. I think this is my favorite brick and mortar store. Second in my heart to Fabric.com.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is this shop privately owned or a franchise? Looks too good to pass bye without stopping & shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bob It's privately owned.
    Thanks,
    C

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin