Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Second Time Around for Vogue 8825




Vogue 8825 is still pretty popular.  I made my first version in 2012.  It was one of my favorite dresses of that year.  I knew I would make it again, but didn't know when. 

So to help speed up my little stash reduction project, I decided to make it again .  Why?  Because I like it; it's quick and easy.  (Side note:  my knit fabric collection is getting out of control.)


The weather was great last weekend.  These pictures were taken in Ogden Park. 


I didn't have enough fabric to make the length of the belt and I had to cute the sleeve band into two pieces.  The sewing process was much faster this time, because I didn't stop to try it on until the entire dress was done, except for the hem.

I can't say that this will be the last time I make it, cause I still like it a lot.

Happy Sewing!
C




36 comments:

  1. Love your fabric. I really like this without that super long tie. I have one version of this dress, and really enjoy wearing it, too. Thanks for reminding me about this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this dress and it looks great in a print fabric as well. I have this pattern and have yet to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly -- this dress is breathtaking! Wonderful work -- a real eye catcher. It really suits your figure well as well. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the print you chose for this version! Definitely make it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty. I have one for the fall in my "hell freezes over" pile. Hopefully I'll get it off of there and get it done in the next few weeks! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. This dress is pretty easy. It takes about 4 hours at most to make.

      Delete
  6. I can see why you have used this pattern again. It suits you so well and the fabric is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue print....pretty dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very flattering on you, and I really like both dresses. Thanks for pointing out this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BE-U-T-FUL! I love these on you. You have such an excellent sense of the fabrics and patterns that work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was about to comment about how much I liked the teal color on you when I scrolled down and saw the wine-colored version! Wow, that is REALLY pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look beautiful! Love the fun blue print. And the wine colored dress is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colour on you. Stunning. THis is one of my favourite patterns of all times. I may have to make another myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely fabric and you're beautiful in it! Gorgeous day for pictures, too!

    Happy weekend,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both of your dresses! You always look great in your designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fabulous remake!!! The color is beautiful, and I think your first dress was wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this, I can't get enough of this pattern. I have it cut as a top to make it in a sweater knit. Your versions are very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The print works so well with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a fantastic pattern on you and I love that print. So perfect for a wrap dress

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin