Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Multi-Tasking - Sewing Related Activities

I'm all over the place with my sewing activities and projects.  I continue to add projects to the ole to make list. Occassionally, shuffling them around based on my current level of interest or excitement.  I'm ordering and buying fabric from multiple places.  I received a box from Mood with this lovely faux fur in it.  I haven't decided on what jacket/coat to make.



I have a mound of muslin garments cut, ready to sew up and fit.


My pattern collection has grown tremendously over the past few months.  I poured the newly purchased patterns over the dining table.  It looked like an explosion of patterns.Below is only a hand full that I started to trim.  And on top of that, I have a big shopping bag full of projects cut and stored in separate "Vogue" plastic bags.


So.., I will continue to "multi-task" the ole sewing projects and post as soon as I have something note worthy.  Expect to see more "Notes on a Pattern" even though I've only made one of the patterns of interest.

On Saturday, I'm attending a workshop taught by Rhonda Buss and Susan Khalje.  I'm so excited and can't wait to learn from the pros.

What about you?  Are you multi-tasking sewing projects?  Or do you work on them one at a time?


Happy Sewing!
Cennetta


19 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at people who can do one at a time - I cannot!!!! :)

    I am sewing a dress while making a tutu for a friend's daughter and I have a "fancy" sweatshirt on the brain and more long sleeved shirts since we can't seem to climb above freezing.

    I love making sewing plans though so this is unlikely to change anytime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your sewing projects. We are not alone.

      Delete
  2. You're busy and I'M JEALOUS... especially of the fun weekend you've in store!

    Happy, hApPy!
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sewing plans seem exciting. You are a real motivator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faye. I just hope to see something finished soon.

      Delete
  4. That faux fur is gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy. I haven't decided on a pattern yet, but I will keep you posted on the progress.

      Delete
  5. I remember you mentioning "trimming" patterns before and I can't remember what you meant. Could you explain again please? I look forward to your faux fur creation. I have some faux fur in my stash and could use some inspiration. Looking forward to your "notes on a pattern".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet,
      I don't usually trace the size I'm going to sew. I cut on the line of the size I'm going to use.
      Thanks,
      Cennetta

      Delete
  6. Omg, I thought I was alone. I have about four major projects I'm working on, and I have to keep pausing and put something together for the holidays and birthdays that can't wait till later for some reason :-) but too do olé to you just glad to be in same club happy crafting to you. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that I am not alone, but in good company.

      Delete
  7. I've been planning a faux fur jacket, too, but haven't committed to a pattern or fabric! Can't wait to see what you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ginger. I'm still undecided about a pattern for the faux fur.

      Delete
  8. Ummm jealous of that Susan Khalje/Rhonda Buss seminar! Please report back on it, okay?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, you know I'd love to see you. Sorry you can't participate. Maybe next time. ;-) Of course, I will report back.

      Delete
  9. Wow, you have a lot going on. I understand, don't want to lose that idea while it fresh. Good luck. Can't wait to see the finished results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice selection of patterns. I look forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some great patterns Cennetta! I really noticed that wrap dress pattern Butterick 6054. You know there is only one review on it and the review wasn't a good one (even thought I think the dress looked awesome on her!) I think I might try that one too. Also, I usually work on one project at a time. I get stressed out if I havve too many things going on at once because I want them all done! My aunt, whom I learned the love of sewing from (and who also was from Chicago) was a lot like you! She always had multiple projects going! That's the one thing I did not inherit from her, LOL! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin