Monday, March 16, 2015

All Legs with Cynthia Rowley's Simplcity 1372 Leggings






For weeks I've been promising my darling daughter I'd make her something. Finally, last week I made two pair of leggings using the Cynthia Rowley Simplicity 1372. This is the very first time I've used this pattern.


The leggings are quite simple. They have an exposed zipper in the back. I'm seeing a lot of leggings and yoga pant patterns with zippers. That seemed odd to me until I had a conversation with Andrea about it. She explained that for some ladies their waist is significantly smaller than the hips. So the added zipper gives more room to put the pants on. My response, "Awww..," DD was able to slide them on without opening the zipper. So the zipper is just decoration for her. The second pair has no zipper; keeping it super easy.

The pattern comes in sizes 6 to 22. I used size 10. They are not skin tight as pictured and have a bit of wiggle room in them even after grading them down from the hips to the ankle. Depending on the size of your legs you may or may not have this issue.

The instructions were super simple. This pattern goes together quickly. So if you looking for instant gratification, try it. No real dislike. Next time I will slim down the legs a little more.


The orange fabric is jersey knit from New Rainbow Fabrics. It has about 30 percent stretch with great recovery. The second pair are made of a synthetic python embossed stretch leather. Also from New Rainbow Fabrics. It's soft and drafts very close to the body.  It has about 25 percent stretch and great recovery. Both fabrics were pre-washed (I always forget to mention whether or not I pre-washed the fabric.). After washing I tossed the jersey in the dryer; the stretch leather hung to dry.

The only changes made was I lengthen the leg about an inch. I could have gone two. Oh well, next time. As I said, for the stretch leather pair I omitted the zipper.

The plan is to make several more pairs for her. I recommend it to all level sewists.


Happy Sewing!
C

20 comments:

  1. Ahh, these are really nice. Thanks for considering my simple tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Thanks, Andrea. The little lady love them.

      Delete
  2. Agreed, very nice! Your daughter is rocking both pair and I love the black top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those turned out great! I like how they have wiggel room, so many leggings look like you need to go back & put your dress on lol!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. I like the slim pant look too.

      Delete
  4. Love the looks on your beautiful daughter. Funny, I saw the picture pop up on my facebook page and thought oooh that must be another one of those black girls rock models....lol Saw it again this morning and only then realized it was your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. When we were doing the photo shoot. I told her to give me attitude, poker face and all. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Nice leggings! They fit her nicely and I like the textured look of each.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :Your beautiful daughter looks fabulous. I love the way you've styled the leggings the black pair with the romantic blouse is a great look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy. I think she picked perfect toppers to wear with the leggings.

      Delete
  7. Both are cute! Perfect staples for the wardrobe. Can be worn so many different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness they are lovely outfits. Your daughter is as beautiful as you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter is a stunner but then again, she inherited some great genes from her Mom! Love these pants and they are perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much, Bunny. She loves them too. I think the loose fit is growing on her.

      Delete
  10. I love both looks, especially that white top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That orange print is stunning and looks gorgeous on her. It's always interesting to see something really novel made up. i would never have chosen it for myself in a fabric store but now I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin