Sunday, March 1, 2015

Bags in My Clutches - Clutch Modified



Last week I posted a tutorial on  a DIY faux fur and leather clutch.  In my stash I have several remnants of faux leather and fur.  So on Thursday afternoon I decided to further explore possible variations of the initial bag.


This bottom edge looks crooked, but it's actually straight.  I was afraid to press it.

Here is what I came up with.  I made a few clutch purses and some tech/portfolio bags.  The possibilities are endless.  You basically cut two rectangles for the purse and two rectangles for the lining.  Create an interesting finished edge. The hardest part of the construction process is installing the zipper.

Happy Sewing!
C
 

17 comments:

  1. These are beautiful and what great uses of your remnants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are great. I, too, find zippers the most difficult...My zippers always seem to have a "hump" or "wad" at the corner....sigh!..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. I've (I'm) experiencing the same affect with the zipper application.

      Delete
  3. These are great. Bags are such a great way to use up those small scraps we can't part with. Very nice, Cenetta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunny, thanks. I have a bag of remnant treasures. ;-) I'm trying to use some of my stash. I think these are gift worthy.

      Delete
  4. great bags, I especially like th angled bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put the zipper in first, then sew the seams. Much easier.
    Vancouver Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. The zipper is the first step in the construction process for me too. Thanks again.

      Delete
  6. I will likely have some faux leather left over from a skirt project. This is a good way to use up those scraps. Thanks for sharing your photos and tutorial. I especially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So inspired..bought some faux leather last night and cannot wait to make one. I do have a question however. do you still use the pellon and felt if you are doing a full faux leather clutch?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Sherrell. Glad you are inspired. The faux leather that I used had a flannel like backing, which added some body to the fabric. So I did not fuse the felt to it. But the faux fur was limp and needed more body. So I added the felt. Thanks for asking and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to use up faux leather remnants! I love these crutches and you're a huge inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin