Friday, April 14, 2017

Hearts on Hearts - Mood Playful Jersey Knit Kwik Sew K4028

Worn with Simplicity faux leather leggings S1372



Today I'd like to showcase a lovely light weight jersey knit, Charcoal Hearts Poly Jersey Gray/White Hearts.  The print is exactly as it's name states.   It's perfect for a fun, funky top or a cute little summer wrap dress.  The hand is smooth and soft, the drape has a little more body than what you'd expect in a light-weight.

I can't take credit for picking this one. It's quick and easy to sew and looks great.  My daughter asked for it and those Kwik Sew Knit Top K4028, View B.  This was an extremely easy sewing project.  I was done in less than an hour.  Super easy.  The top is a great wardrobe builder.  My daughter already says she can use about two or three more of these.

Both of us only have likes for it.   Kwik Sew describes the tops as:  close fitting, pullover tops have scoop necklines, extended shoulder seams and stitched hems.  View A has cowl collar, shoulders extend into cap sleeves.  View B has draped collar and long sleeves.

The top does look like the drawing.


For modesty I brought the front neckline up about 2 inches and reduced the length of the cowl by a few inches as well.  I used between sizes small and medium.  I always happy when my DD is happy with something that I've sewn for her.




This is a very easy top that can be made by all level sewist.  As for the fabric the online photo does not do it justice.  It's a basic jersey knit with a great funky print.

Happy Sewing!
C

2 comments:

  1. The whole ensemble is fabulous and your daughter looks gorgeous in what you have made (just like her mama does.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty top and daughter! Great job Mom!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin