Thursday, August 16, 2018

Navy, Red and White Crane Print Cotton Voile - Vogue 1247 Top




Cotton Voile is light weight and the perfect fabric to wear in the summer.  I purchased a few cotton voile to beef up my summer "easy wear" tops collection.  Today's review is on this Navy, Red, and White Crane Print Cotton Voile.  It's light weight and airy, easy to care for, and pretty.  It's available in three colorways.  Simply lovely and I had to have it.



In my previous post, I gave some details on the sewing process.  I used Vogue 1247, which is perfect for this top.  Those details are here.



On the sewing table now, is a shirt for my DD using this very same fabric.


I wanted to include a few pictures of the inside job of this top.  There are all french seams; no serging.



Happy Sewing!
C


8 comments:

  1. Lovely and perfect for this awful hot weather. Looks great with your jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love french seams. If I have something simple to make, I prefer them. It makes me feel like I'm wearing something fancy. This top is very cute, I love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fabric choice for this top! I've made the skirt from this pattern a couple of times but never made the top. Too bad they discontinued the pattern since we all seem to still be sewing from it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your top is much cuter than the one on the pattern envelope. I've been wanting this pattern to make the skirt but it is discontinued and a small fortune on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This fabric with this pattern....perfect. I think I need to add some voile to my stash collection. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s an great combination of pattern and fabric. Thank you for sharing your alterations and pictures!

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great combination, a lovely cool looking top. Su

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this fabric print anyway, but I think you picked the perfect pattern for it, looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin