Tuesday, August 7, 2018

On The Sewing Table - Dresses and Shirts


It's August already!  I can't believe it.  I wish I could rewind time back to July.  There is so much summer sewing I need to do.

Anyway, today's post is about sewing project for August.  I'm always overly ambitious hoping to sew no less than ten garments per month.  These days I'm lucky to finish four.  Last week I gathered up about fifteen potential projects only to cut out three dresses and two tops (one for DD).  The goal was to cut more, but I decided it was best to stop with this first batch.

Ready to sew:




  • Vogue 1247 Top for me, red, white, and blue crane fabric; it's almost finished.  Blog post soon.
  • Simplicity 8014, View C for me, blue and white gingham.
  • Simplicity 8014, View C (shorten for a shirt) for DD, red, white, and blue crane fabric.
  •  McCall 6116 lavender linen blend for me.
  • Vogue 9260  hacking a dress out of it.

Parting Shots:  This is one of two garments made in July, McCall 7753 Top. Review and more pictures coming soon.




Stay tuned; more to come later this week.

Happy Sewing!
C

7 comments:

  1. I love seeing what you have lined up!! You picked some gorgeous fabrics too!

    Yes, welcome to August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa. Sometimes it's so hard to make a decision about what's next. But for the past few months I'm been more consistent about my sewing plans.

      Delete
  2. Oo, I can't wait. That one shoulder top and skirt is fabulous and I want to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bunny. I really like the design of the top, but making it a reality was not as easy as I'd hoped for. I'm post my thoughts soon.

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about having more summer to sew than I have time. Also I can't believe you think to make 10 garments a month?! I'm usually around 4-5 unless they are quick and dirty items...and even then I feel like I'm sewing like the wind! *LOL* I'm extending summer into the end of September this year cause there are some things I just don't want to carryover to next year. Can't wait to see your shirts & shirtdresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carolyn, I go high in hopes of accomplishing more. If that makes sense. I'm always throwing some super quick and easy projects in the mix. With longer project I need some immediate gratification. The Vogue top 1247 took about 2.5 hours to make minus the hem. Girl, when I designate a day or time span to sew, I don't answer the phone and only take small food breaks. Your idea to extend summer into the end of September is a good thing. I'm following suit. Thanks for sharing, my dear.

      Delete
  4. I have almost always cut out more garments than I finish in a given month (and I've been sewing since...wait, who was president? Never mind the exact dates) we'll say "since junior high school"...a while back. I still have more Unfinished prOjects (UFOs) in my sewing room that got cut out and languished in there. One baby outfit for a niece didn't get finished in time for her daughter to wear...that's procrastination, folks. But I come by starting more than I finish naturally - I have a baby blanket that my grandmother started sometime back (the newspaper clipping is yellow and the date got cut off). It is gingham with a bunny rabbit - never finished - and I have no idea where it is in my sewing room fabric stash right now. But it is in there, somewhere.

    I'm almost afraid to admit how many unused patterns I have found while inventorying the pattern stash...but I've passed 150 (not including duplicates whether in the same size or not) and I still have more to add to the Excel spreadsheet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin