Thursday, August 23, 2018

Rayon Challis Summer Dress - Hacked Dress Vogue 9260






I wore this dress to church on Sunday.  It's the forth of five projects I plan to complete for this month.



I mentioned that I would probably use Vogue 9260 again way back in June.  Lol  Isn't the summer going by super fast?  I actually thought I made the jumpsuit in July; but when I looked back in my archives, it was June 11 when I posted the review.  More on my initial review is here.


The top of the dress is made exactly like the original pattern, but the skirt of it is a easy, easy self drafted skirt.  With the remaining water colored challis, I decided to make a skirt.  So I cut it into two pieces (front and back).   Then with some black challis, I cut two more pieces  for the lower skirt.

Just a few wrinkles across the back.  Pictures taken after church on Sunday.


For the construction, I sewed the water colored challis together along the sides and gathered it to fit the bodice.  Next, I cut the black challis  the same width also sewing them together at the side to form a circle.  Next, I folded it in half with the wrong side facing.  Then I attached the lower skirt to the upper skirt.  No hem required as all edges are sewn together and serged.


A few wrinkles; pictures taken after church Sunday.

That's it.  Just a easy skirt attached to the bodice of the original pattern.

Happy Sewing!

C


6 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin