Friday, January 17, 2020

I Love A Great Twist Top - McCall M7975




Last night I finished  my second project for January, 2020.   It's McCall's M7975 Twist top.  I was inspired to try it after seeing pictures of it made up on Instagram.  I love how it turned out. 




I was able to make it with minimum fit adjustments.  I made view D using size medium with modifications. 

No FBA was needed!  This pattern runs big.  I graded it up just a little bit from the armhole through the bust areas.  I added a center back seam and shorten the length of the neckband about an inch.  Those were the only changes.

My top does look like the view D on the envelope with the exception of the bagginess underarm on the model. 

The twist might seem tricky, but it's not.  Just take your time and follow the steps.  There is nothing to dislike about this top.  I like all of the views.  The sewing is easy.  The instructions typical, with nothing confusing in them. A good fast project.

I love a great print.  My jersey knit comes from New Rainbow Fabrics.  (They have some great knits and special occasion fabrics.)  It has about 40 percent stretch and great recovery.  The print theme is "Star" with stars and fashion play ladies scattered throughout the print in every direction.  The colors are great for me as browns, tans, and purple are in my preferred color palette. 



I'm thinking about making a few more of these.  So I definitely recommend it to all level sewists.  So, that's completes my little review.  I have two more projects to complete this month.  Snow is headed our way this weekend.  I'm staying in to sew, cook, and watch Tyler Perry's new Netflix's movie, "A Fall From Grace."

What are your weekend/sewing plans?  Whatever the plan, have fun! ;-)

Happy Sewing!
C

10 comments:

  1. I really like how yours turned out! I made this pattern in a wearable muslin, and agree with you that it is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pattern has been on my radar for awhile. Now that I've seen your cute top, I plan on buying the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely, Cenetta. Those stars in the print are just so special. This is definitely a "make more" pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hibernating since the snow on Thursday (and again Saturday). Hey, at least it isn't 2 degrees here like it was in Buffalo, where my son is working, this morning! Very pretty top! I made a dress with a twist bodice, and if you follow the steps, they aren't as hard as they look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Its hibernation season and perfect for us sexists. Hood luck on your projects.

      Delete
  5. Super cute! I definitely need to make this one!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin