Sunday, August 20, 2023

My DD in Simplicity S9757





Pattern Description:  Fitted tops have cap sleeves, high mock neckline and optional ruched sides.  Skirt with elasticized waistband and figure-hugging fit comes in midi length with side slit or mini length with ruched detail. 



Pattern Sizing:  The pattern is available is sizes XS to XXL.  I used size medium with modifications for my daughter.  I made views B and D

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  

Yes it did.

Were the instructions easy to follow?  

The instruction were a piece of cake.  Super easy.  

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  

I like the high mock neckline cropped top.  I knew my DD would like it.  I/we also like the ruched sides of the skirt.  No dislikes.

Fabric Used:  

A modal jersey knit from JoAnn's Fabrics.  I love the soft touch and the color.  JoAnn's has a variety of colors available in this jersey.  

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  

My adjustments were minimal.  My DD's needs basic adjustments:  a square shoulder and slight swayback adjustments.  Nothing more is needed for this pattern.   

I made one change in the construction.  Instead of using bias tape to finish the armholes, I cut bias strips 1.75" wide and the length of the armhole minus an inch easing in the difference between the "facing" and the actual armhole.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes and yes.  My DD already asked for another outfit, View A and C.





Conclusion: 

We both really like how this outfit turned out.  It was easy and she liked it a lot.


5 comments:

  1. It looks lovely on her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Having two daughters I know the great feeling of hitting your target when you sew for your daughters. Great job, Cenetta, and she's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the pleasure of discovering your blog, Tony, and so enjoyable to read! Truly the Mahogany Stylist's sewing patternsembodies the essence of timeless fashion with a modern twist. Thank you for sharing this inspiring creation, adding a touch of sophistication and creativity to the world of sewing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin