Saturday, August 19, 2023

Two for One - Vogue V1452



This was two projects in one.  The first was to make a wearable muslin and the second was to end with an outfit close to a "perfect fit".  I came close to the close to a perfect fit. The second time should be a charm. Lol  The top could use a little more tweaking, but I think this was the last time I'll use the top pattern.  As for the pants, it is a basic palazzo pant that can be made over and over again to complement other tops, tunics, and dresses.  


Wearable Muslin:  Aqua Green



Final Version:  Raspberry 



Pattern Description:  Misses' top and pants:  close-fitting, pullover top has mock-bands, shoulder strap, and left front seam and slit.  Wide-legged pants (loose-fitting through hips) have elasticized waistband and side pockets. both have stitched hems.

Pattern Sizing:  This is a Sandra Betzina pattern that uses letters instead of numbers for the sizing.  For the top I used between size E and F.  I did make a swayback adjustment on the second version hoping to resolve the wrinkles across the lower back.  It helped, but didn't completely resolve the issue. I probably should have cut the back into two sections to get better results.  At any rate, it's "good" enough to wear.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes, it looked like the photo on the envelope.


Were the instructions easy to follow?  The instructions were easy; nothing difficult or confusion in them.  The construction of the outfit was relatively quick and easy too.  


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  

My like:  
  • Knit outfit. Lol
  • Ruching on the top.
  • The palazzo pants with the separate waist band.  That's a feature that I really love.
Dislikes:
  • For this particular fabric and weight, I prefer no pockets.  They really get in the way of having a smooth pant.  If you were to use the pocket, it disfigures the look of the outfit and draws attention to "whatever is in your pocket."  I recommend leaving them out as I did for the second outfit.

Fabric Used:  Both fabrics came from FabricMart Fabrics.  It is a light/medium weight jersey.  Almost opaque, very fluid, has a great drape, and the recovery is okay.  

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I made just a few adjustments and tweaks.  For the top I used two sizes E and F where necessary.  The second version, as mentioned before, I attempted to make a swayback adjustment.  It helped a little with the wrinkles.  For the pants I eliminated the pockets and lengthen the pant legs a few inches.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  I will probably make the pants again.  It is a simple pull-on pant that can complement other toppers.  The top, I probably will not make again.  I do recommend this pattern to others.  It is not a difficult sewing projects.  The ruching/gathering requires a little patience to do.  It's really the hardest step in the construction of the entire garment.

Conclusion:  This is an attractive little summer outfit that goes together quickly.  It's a great look for brunch or a summertime concert.

Happy Sewing!
C

2 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty look for you,I luv all the colors but leaning towards the raspberry as my favorite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. My favorite is the raspberry outfit too.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin