Friday, August 18, 2023

Summertime Tangerine Outfit - McCall 7775 and Vogue 1452



My apologies for the dark photos.  Cloudy day.



Time for another review.  This is the last of three outfits that I made this summer for myself.  So I'm reviewing them in reverse order.  This is a quick review.  It is a combination of two patterns:  McCall's M7775 for the top and Vogue V1452 pants.  This is the same pant pattern used for my next review.  




I wore this outfit to a birthday celebration in my mother's home town of Huntsville, AL.  It was a fun time, and the outfit was summertime perfect for the event.

The top:

I used the McCall's dress pattern to make the top.  This was easy.  I just figured out the length for it and shorten the pattern there adding the necessary hem allowance.  The adjustments were made way back in 2018.  So I was able to skip the pattern adjustment process.  My initial review of this pattern is here:  McCall's 7775 Dress 2018.



The Pants:

As always, I had to add a few inches to the length of the leg.  I used size D.  These pants have a lot of style ease in them. The pants looked very much like the illustration on the pattern envelope.



The Fabric:

My fabric is a polyester crepe from Hancock's Fabrics.  It's been in my collection for several years.  I was happy to finally make something out of it.  It was easy to sew and has a spongy feel to it.  Compared to the rayon fabric that I used for my 2018 dress, the drape of the top had a stiffer drape.  

Overall I was very pleased with how this outfit turned out.  


Parting Shot:  NASA rocket in Huntsville, AL.  This was the view from our hotel parking lot.







5 comments:

  1. All your outfits are beautiful and also the handbag. Congratulations on your graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend! I didn't know you had ties to the Rocket City! I drive by that rocket on a regular basis....(and I love the outfit! Nice combo!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lisa. It's a small world. My mother's roots are in Huntsville, AL. It is a beautiful city. Very, very progressive.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin