Saturday, February 7, 2009

The First Aider's Dress Using McCall 4432


One of my church friends asked me to make the one and only junior first aider's a uniform. She told me what she had in mind, so I looked through my pattern collection to see if I already had something that I could use to make the uniform. No luck. So I searched the pattern books at Hancock's and found McCalls 4432, which worked perfect for this project.

The order was for a white jumper style dress that could be worn over a blouse. Fabric: something easy to care for, wash and wear. The little lady is about 10 years old and fits a size 10 child's pattern. Once I finished the seams on the serger, it took no time at all to finish the dress (uniform).


Pattern Description:
CHILDREN'S AND GIRLS' DRESSES AND HAT: Loose fitting, above ankle dress has raised waist, dirndl skirt and front button closure; A, B, C, D are sleeveless; E, F have short sleeves; C has contrast collar; D, F have a collar; A, B, C, E have pockets; B has contrast lower band; hat has crown, band, contrast brim and elastic back.

Pattern Sizing:
Children 3-6 and Girls 7-14 I made view B; size 10.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? The basic form was the same, but I changed my version a little by adding 1 1/2 inches to the bodice and shorten the skirt by 4".




Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes. There was nothing confusing about them.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? This is an easy dress pattern that you could easily create a variety of dresses for little girls. No dislikes.

Fabric Used: Linen blend for Hancock's

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: As mentioned above I made two changes: I added 1 1/2" to the bodice and shorten the skirt by 4".

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Probably not. But who knows.



Conclusion: This is a easy pattern to sew that only takes a few hours to make. Great pattern for beginners.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little number! Your sewing, as usual, is so neat and impressive.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin