Monday, July 20, 2009

Ramblings: Sewing, Fashion Fall 2009, Beyonce

Happy Monday everyone!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

Unfortunately, I didn't sew a stitch this weekend. I wanted to, but it just didn't happen. This week I hope to cut out a few items for myself and DD. Very little progress on the "Career Wardrobe" design for DD. I do have a few patterns and fabric in mind, but nothing final.

On Friday, I was spying Carolyn's flickr set. She has already posted some ideas for her Elegant Fall wardrobe. My goodness, she is super proactive. I'm still working on the summer wardrobe. At the next pattern sale, I'm going to grab the hooded jacket and Badgley Mischka dress pattern. Super cute.

This weekend I got to see Ms. Beyonce in concert (second time around). She is an all around entertainer. This year's concert had more of a little bit of everything: rock, pop, rap, and Beyonce, Destiny's Child, and Sasha. The special affects put me in the mind of the MJ 1988 concert at the Rosemont Horizon. The 2007 program was more appealing to me, but I still enjoyed it. At various point of the concert, the music and the roar of the crowd was deafening. Either I’m getting old or it was really loud. Lol Here's is an opening shot of friday night's conert.




Tickets were $25 more than the 2007 price, inflation. No dinner outing this time. lol

8 comments:

  1. I bet that concert was fun! She came to town a while back but I missed it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time at the Beyonce concert! And I didn't realize that I was that far ahead of the curve! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your concert. To think that we used to be able to afford a play and dinner in NY. The prices of live entertainment just keeps moving up and up.
    I'm still sewing for summer too, but I need to get on Carolyn's bandwagon and sew for fall. I always forget that summer is short!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beyonce! Bet it was an awesome show. I've started thinking about fall, but not quite planning yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At various point of the concert, the music and the roar of the crowd was deafening. Either I’m getting old or it was really loud.

    I hate to tell ya, but I think we're getting old. LOL! I had the same experience at an outdoor concert/festival last weekend. The noise gave me a headache!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard she gives great concerts. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun! You didn't wear one of your fabulous creations!!??!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great time. I spent this past weekend putting away summer fabrics in an attempt to get my Fall sewing moving along.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin