Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gifts From A Friend Who Sew



There was a time when it was hard to find women who didn't sew. Now it is the other way around. It's really nice to find people who love to make things. Nowadays, it feels like you've found a long lost friend. The lady above is that kind of friend to me.


Last Tuesday, I stopped by my place of worship to see if there were any orders for recorded services to fill. While I was there, I called Pauline. During the course of our conversation I told her I was at church. So she said, "I have something for you. I'm going to bring it now." To my surprise, she brought me eight very generous cuts of fabric (rayon/wool blend). What a great gift. I was over enjoyed to say the least.







Word on Ms. Pauline - She's not a blogger and doesn't plan to start any time soon. On occasion, she has asked me, "Where do you find the time?" Chuckle, Chuckle. Pauline is a designer/sewist who has enough clients to run her own business full time. That's not to say she accepts every requested commission. No, no. She is selective. The client, the job and price have to be just right.

It's great to have more fabric to choose from for my fall wardrobe. I do see at least a couple pair of pants for me and DD. Maybe a jacket or two.

Happy Sewing!
C

3 comments:

  1. You're lucky to know anyone who sews! I know people who own sewing machines and sometimes use them to hem something, but the only person I know who actually sews is the 75 year old mother of a good friend who lives 1000km away. I live in a rural town where these sorts of things normally survive, but it's not to be ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so nice of your friend and look forward to your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Carol. You are lucky to have a friend who sews. There's not a lot of us out there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin