Friday, February 11, 2011

BWOF 10-2010 128 Dress - Part II

Update on the BWOF Dress 10-2010 128 -

Thanks for all your suggestions on how to resize and fit this dress. Last week I retraced a smaller size and trimmed off the excess fabric to match it.

Next, I sewed the side panels together, pressed. Then I stay stitched the dress front and back along the side seams, clipped corners and pressed the seam allowances to the wrong side. On a flat surface, I laid the side panels then placed the dress front over them, pinned, and handstitched. Followed the same process, I attached the back dress to the panels. I decided that I would be best to complete these steps before sewing the lower side seams and the shoulder seams. After fitting I will sew the side seams then stitch along the panels. There is quite a bit of allowance on the side dress.





So far so good.

Parting Shots: Dress #2 for the Fashion Show will be made from Vogue 2237.






Stay Tuned!
C

6 comments:

  1. Sew interesting. Thanks for your information.
    Best
    Lillie
    granddivasews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Lady, looks like things are coming along with the Burda dress despite the earlier challenges. That was so odd that it was weirdly sized. That Vogue dress is one cute little number (I made it several years ago and loved the results). It's going to look great in that sparkly fabric! Oh, I can't wait.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are so neat! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to adjust the sizing and keep going. I see a fabulous FO in your near future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about a clean finish! Lovely fabric - I need to live near you and your fabric sources.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin