This year she will be wearing Vogue 8615 made in a matalasse fabric, which she purchased at Fishman's Fabrics a few week ago. The muslin is done and the fitting/design adjustments transferred onto the pattern. I'm happy to say there were only minor fitting adjustments needed. I usually don't make multiple muslin. One is enough to capture small changes. If there are more adjustments, I'll make them as I sew and fit the dress. The next fitting will be later this week. Next cutting and sewing.
- Reduce the 3/4 length sleeves by 1 inch
- Reduce the amount of ease in the sleeve cap
- Make a deeper "V" for the back neckline
- Reduce the length of the bodice by 1/2 inch
- Adjust shoulder seam to fit closer to shoulder
- Add bra strap holders to the shoulder seams
- Only add 2 inches to the length (I added four to the muslin)
Parting Shots: This is my favorite Ms. Paulette project to date. V8355 made in 2008.
This is an easy one. So that's all for now. Stay Tuned and have a great day!